Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Research Resource Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  10:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add angloamerican to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I primarily collect coins but I love the artwork and design for some medals and tokens. Others I lovd the history. My problem is that when I buy an item I like to research it and write a short paper on it but Google isn't helping me out much. Does anyone know of good websites, search aggregators etc they can share
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30046 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a site on tokens http://tokencatalog.com/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angloamerican to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Pillar of the Community
United States
2630 Posts
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pistareen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try your searches on the Newman Numismatic Portal (NNP) which is a search tool with over a million pages of obscure numismatic content.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3541 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ExoGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Great suggestions for writer resources by our members! I've managed to build an online Google Books "library" for my purposes. There are a great many 19th century reference books that can be digitally searched therein. There are some, periodicals and catalogs, that specifically address numismatics, too.
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angloamerican to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all, this is a great community
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13590 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@aa, yes glad you are here. By the way, feel free to start some threads with your write-ups and sample tokens. You might find that you have a pretty avid audience here at CCF.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2019  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add angloamerican to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I feel I have done a good enough job I will. The couple I have got recently are only cheap pick up, $2 region and I am not sure my writing and research abilities are up to par. However, feed back is a good thing so maybe I shall.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05