Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Did Everyone Get Their 2019 Limited Edition Proof Set?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17898 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  1:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Clocked in about 7 minutes late. No problem placing the order. Pinehurst already listing ASE 69 = $170, 70 = $250, 70 FDI $350.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12547 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're still available.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No plans to, and at that price point with no special coins I really don't see this one flying off the shelves.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17898 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The big boys seem to be leaving these alone too. Only Pinehurst offering pre-sales and usually there would be another five larger dealers doing the same just to satisfy ASE collectors.

I'm still glad I bought a set. I have unopened boxes since 2013. Someday a "full set of boxed sets" might intrigue a crazy collector.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add freddo30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't answer for "everyone" but I did not purchase the set. Perhaps everyone who desires to obtain it directly from the U.S. Mint has had the opportunity to do so.
Edited by freddo30
10/18/2019 12:57 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm still glad I bought a set. I have unopened boxes since 2013.

I do like the packaging and if it were priced more reasonably I'd buy one too. I do have 3 of these from years past and I'm definitely happy with them. However, I only bought the 2017 LESPS to get the S Proof ASE (missed the Congratulations Set).
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bill069 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The US Mint is getting smart with their marketing by making the set 99.9 silver. If you want a fully complete set of dimes, quarters or halves you need to buy this set.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16000 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some collectors would have misgivings about breaking up such a set, just to maintain the denomination sets as complete.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The US Mint is getting smart with their marketing by making the set 99.9 silver. If you want a fully complete set of dimes, quarters or halves you need to buy this set.

Not true. ALL U.S. Mint silver coins starting 2019 are 99.9%. You could get all of these exact coins in other sets for much cheaper (silver proof set, + ASE).

Although I do agree that they're ramping up their marketing game.
Edited by CelticKnot
10/18/2019 8:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
517 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked, it's still available.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just checked, it's still available.

I hope everybody is sitting down... so is the 2018 LESPS.
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2019  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No plans to, and at that price point with no special coins I really don't see this one flying off the shelves.

Quote:
Not true. ALL U.S. Mint silver coins starting 2019 are 99.9%. You could get all of these exact coins in other sets for much cheaper (silver proof set, + ASE).

Quote:
I hope everybody is sitting down... so is the 2018 LESPS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
517 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked and yep the 2018 is still available....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What? You didn't believe me?!
Pillar of the Community
United States
517 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No I believed you, I'm just surprised.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10086 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost 30k went in the first four days. I suspect that will be the bulk of the sales.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05