Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 Penny . Haxby Num?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  5:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I tried for two hours , still learning the charts

Focus not as good but a little brighter.
Thx in advance.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pc59-224 73 + P11
look at your repunched T in CENT and crack at leaf 10 , then the stem on leaf 9
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
955 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
look at your repunched T in CENT and crack at leaf 10 , then the stem on leaf 9

Thx , that helped . Although I dont see the
RP "T" .
Are you referring to the 2 different
thickness of the top of the letter ?

Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Canacoins, attributing will get a lot easier with practice. Don't give up.

Most of the re-punching on the T is on the lower left side. With coin wear the upright of the T appears wider at the bottom. A higher grade example of P11 will show the re-punching better like the photo on the Reverse P11 page in the link below.

https://www.vickycents.com/rev-p11.html

Gidjit, I think you are the first to use one of the new catalog #'s on the forum. Nice to see that!
Valued Member
Canada
393 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can see the doubled T in your first photo, left side of the stand of the T, and a toe sticking out of the left foot.

Here's a late stage reverse. The lower right area has a raised ridge which makes you look at the other side to see if it's dented (it's not). There are more die cracks than you can count, and raised and incused clash marks (raised marks by the O, in the N, on the C, and over the E).

On the obverse, there is a half-bead clash above the queen, and full beads in front of and below the queen.

Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice late state P11 TerryT. Your first photo shows the reverse die collapse very well. There are quite a few 1859 reverse dies with die collapse and I have always found to be them very interesting.

It would be fun to start a thread where collectors can post their 1859 die collapse photos although it's sometimes hard to get a good photo of them.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05