Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Renewed Silver Dollar #5

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  09:55 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree.

Quote:
The only reason they sold out of the coin is they lowered the mintage from last years coin from 4000 to 2500.

Quote:
Not surprised with mintage of only 2500.

As mentioned above.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Renewed Silver Dollar #5

This is the first time I've heard of both "renewed" AND "2oz" silver dollars. From the title, I'm guessing that this is the fifth coin of this type to be released.
I'd like more info on this, if possible.
Do these fit into 2x2 flips?
Are/where they only sold to Master's Club members?
What are the costs of these 'dollars'?
Also, I'd like to see a list of the ((four?)) prior coins.

Thanks.
Valued Member
Canada
338 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@atticguy

The series is:
2015 Voyageur Reverse dated 1935-2015 / KGV Obverse
2016 Library of Parliament Reverse Dated 1876-2016 / QEII Tiara Obverse (See 1976 SD for design)
2017 Royal Visit / KGVI Obverse (See 1939 SD for design)
2018 National War Memorial / QEII Obverse (see 1994 Loon for design)
2019 Peacekeeping / QEII Obverse (See 1995 Loon for design)

All are 2oz silver with selective gold plate 50mm diameter and released at $190-195

2015-2018 are available in the secondary market (Check the usual online sources) but range from $700+ for the voyageur to issue price for later items. Mintages have been from 2,500-4,000 and available initially to Masters Club but if unsold, they go to general availability.

At 2oz and 50mm, they will not fit 2x2 flips. They do however come in RCM air-tites.
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr

Thanks for all the great info.

Although I probably won't pick them up I will add them to my dollar list.
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr

The first 2oz Renewed Silver Dollar, the 2015 Voyageur, was actually 54 mm in diameter. This was only coin in the series at this size, the rest have since been 50 mm.

Not sure why the RCM made the 2015 larger in diameter and rest smaller in diameter. When these coins are on display it is quite obvious the first coin is larger.
Valued Member
Canada
203 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen this 2oz Peacekeeper coin at CC&C. Anyone else saw it?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2660 Posts
 Posted 11/15/2019  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its the first Master Club coin since the first Renewed Silver Dollar that CC&C did not carry. I wonder if this is a new policy not to sell MC Exclusives to VIP customers anymore.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05