Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Walking Liberty Or Bison Nickels?

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the 2 error Bison nickels (3 legged and 1918/7), I ended up ordering the 2005 Bison Nickel in Proof so I'll put those in the error spots. They are bison nickels and I like the idea of getting BU for the 2 error coins. :)
Edited by hfjacinto
01/03/2020 1:13 pm
Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/04/2020  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll post pictures. I've also put 6 of the 8 walking liberties on hold. Should be a few weeks, but the walkers will be done soon.
Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'll post pictures. I've also put 6 of the 8 walking liberties on hold. Should be a few weeks, but the walkers will be done soon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took off some time for New Years and my wife gave me a to do list. A lot of the list entailed on selling some of the stuff we had in the attic. Thanks to Facebook Market Place I was able to get rid of a lot things. This along with some cash I saved up let me make a large dent on the walkers. I'm down to only missing 4 and the key dates (1921 and 1921D) I was able to get a really good price from my LCS so I'm going to pick those up in about 2 weeks. So some pictures.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2020  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And for the Bison Nickels, my 2005 Westward Journey Proof's came in and they look really good where the error coins. I've also been picking a few when I can. I'm down to 5 on the nickels, I hope to get 2 later this week and then I'll be down to the key dates only. The few spaces at the end (I know Carl hates them), I put in the various types of Nickels that are available. Liberty/V Nickel > Reverse of Bison/Native American > Jefferson > Westward Journey Jefferson(Not Proof). I'm liking this album more than the Walkers. Something about the Native American/Bison really being a great american coin.

Because of how nice the Bison Nickels are, I also picked up a Bison Dollar. Now this a great canvas for the Native American/Bison.

Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had a few prints for sale and with the proceeds I finished one set :)

The pretty lady walking in the sun set is DONE!!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And the native american with a bison on the reserve is down to only 1.

Russian Federation
35 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collect the coins that you like best. I would have settled on bison
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are both nice and I'm happy I'm doing both but for pure aesthetics the bison nickels just look better. Coinfrog said it and after getting the vast majority, the bison nickels are of a few coins that have a beautiful obverse and reverse.
Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I can close this topic out. I picked up the last coin. The 1913 S Type 2. Which I'm not overly happy with, its a AG3 with a weak date. Locally all I found was this one, a G for double the price with a corresponding weak date and an AU for more than I was going to pay. I checked on Ebay and there was nothing that was good priced with a full date under $200 and with this coin, I didn't trust a lot of the raws and the slabbed weren't any better than I can get locally but for much more money, so I settled. Give it a few months and I might upgrade or not.

Minus the 1913 S, I was impressed with what I found locally and especially in the "junk full date Bison drawer". In the end for a circulated set it wasn't costly with no coin over $100. And over 50% only costing .75 cents each. Next up is going to Liberty nickels, but I'll do that one in a separate thread.

All that gave advice I thank you!! I do appreciate it.

The error coins have a 2005 S Bison Nickel from the Westward Expansion series. The last 4 coins are:
1883 Liberty nickel in AU (No Cents)
1999 Jefferson nickel in MS
2004 Keel Boat in MS
2005 Bison (non proof) in MS

Learn More...
United States
82686 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1223 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks JBuck and I'm happy I listened to you to get the Bison Nickels. They do have a really nice American west vibe!
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.16 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05