Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Malaysia Flower Pimples On Surfaces? Fake Coin? Check It Out

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  05:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please refer to the scans below and let me knows of what you think later there

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13589 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  05:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TC, can you please post the weight? Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
315 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numister to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why in the world would anyone want to fake that ?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2429 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The coin is only worth AUD $0.18 or USD$0.12,
it would not be worth faking it.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could be a prize if its fake. There are plenty of collectors with black book collections.

Having the most worthless fake known would be a real find. Worth a couple bucks as such.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4011 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Having the most worthless fake known would be a real find.

ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3164 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In reality, 50 sen coins have been counterfeited together with 1 ringgit. 1 ringgit coin was actually demonetized and strangely enough was replaced by paper note. There was a big move to replace them with the newer high security coins.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13589 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Having the most worthless fake known would be a real find.

Not to hijack this thread to far, but I have multiple US and foreign coins that have face value of one cent (or less) but are fake. I think that the bar is pretty low.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
Malaysia
154 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  05:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These circulation coin looks exactly fake to be honest with you
Pillar of the Community
United States
2607 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. Fake.

The lettering on the denomination side is very poorly executed. The R and M have "tails" the S is not curved as it should be.

Take a look at the real coin, and it is quite clear-cut.
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces1655.html

Edited by tdziemia
11/08/2019 08:33 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4872 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swamperbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It always makes me chuckle when someone says a coin would not be worth forging.

My uncle was a counterfeiter from roughly 1930 to 1965. He made coins for circulation. He operated in southeast Massachusetts and Rhode Island. One thing I learned from him is that there is no margin too small for a successful counterfeiter.

He made mostly silver coins and always used the correct amount of silver (or very close to it), because as tokens US silver coins contained less silver than their face value. He told me that he did not defraud anyone because he made coins from the same amount of metal as the government.

The logic may be flawed but he was a very successful counterfeiter. Never once arrested and no one knew what he was doing during his lifetime outside of a few family members like myself.

Making a coin worth 12 cents can be profitable as long as you spend less than 12 cents to make it and you do not get caught. A coin like the one in question contains only a couple cents worth of metal.

In places where labor costs are low it does not take a lot of incentive to turn to forgery if there are no alternatives.
My book on Counterfeit Portrait 8Rs is available from Amazon http://ccfgo.com/TheUnrealReales or from me directly if you want it signed.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16024 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really like swamperbob's comments.

They tie in really well with a book by Charles M. Larson -
'Numismatic Forgery', which clearly details how to make very deceiving forgeries.
This book is endorsed by none other than Ken Bressett, a past president of the A.N.A.
Such a book strongly helps a suspicious collector to to expose fake coins, by their method of manufacture.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05