Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2010 $2 Toonie With 14 Serrations And Uncentered Core

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
214 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  01:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, I have not had a chance to post in a little while but I was looking through some of my toonies and I found this 2010 toonie with 14 serrations and what I believe is a uncentered core. I'm just curious to know if these are common or if I should hold onto it. Sorry for the lighting I can take better pictures once I get my better microscope hooked up.

Valued Member
Canada
214 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i managed to take some decent photos with my phone.

Canada
21 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely a little off center reverse die strike. Not uncommon.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2109 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tilted die or aka MAD strike
Learn More...
Canada
8690 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That core is within tolerances for the time.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1404 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has more than 14 serrations look like 16?
Valued Member
Canada
214 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all of the replies guys, and Alan, according to the Two Dollar Die varieties on coinscan this is a 14 serration toonie, I had compared it to another 2010 and this does in fact have 14 serrations, link for coinscan reference --- http://www.coinscan.com/err/mont.html
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4717 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a better pic of the serrations I'm counting more than 14
Secret Santa look here to see what I have.

http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Valued Member
Canada
214 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
im having a bit of trouble getting a good picture but this is one I just tried taking with my microscope, I drew red lines pointing to each serration. top coin is 2010 with 14 serrations, bottom 2010 with 16 serrations.

Edited by JohnWayne007
11/11/2019 8:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2593 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
in your second photo from the top, I count 15.. even in the last photo I see 15, so it can't be a 14 variety.
Valued Member
Canada
214 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2019  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you count by the grooves than there would be 15 grooves on the top coin and there would be 18 on the bottom coin. this image is from coinscan just for a better reference, the grooves are not the serrations.

now here is my comparison image..

Canada
21 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
15 engraved line = 14 serrations
17 engraved line = 16 serrations
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05