Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921 Peace Dollar And 1921 Morgan Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  12:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vergasond to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
With year 2021 not far off do you all think that it is wise now to invest in 1921 Peace and 1921 Morgan dollars. Both coins will be 100 years old and I'm thinking they will increase significantly on the anniversary date. Thoughts on buying now while they are affordable?
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Morgan is plentiful and the 1921 Peace dollar is also easy to acquire but more expensive compared to the Morgan. My personal opinion is that if there is a rerelease of 100 year silver dollars the prices will spike. Heck I'll buy a few but without a release I doubt the prices will jump. Collect the dollars as they are beautiful but I doubt it's going to be any jump in prices.
Edited by hfjacinto
11/12/2019 1:11 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42897 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must agree.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1542 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be surprised if there were any price surge for either piece. Was there a similar spike for 1916 dimes, quarters and halves on their anniversary date? (Honest question. I don't know the answer.)
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
those coins seem to be in large supply with several selling BU roll of the 21 Morgan
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KingFridayXIII to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anyone looking to make a fast (couple of years) buck is looking in the wrong place with coin collecting. PM's should do well over the next decade but the fast money is always in trading not coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4316 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Both coins will be 100 years old and I'm thinking they will increase significantly on the anniversary date.

Did you see any 2019 coins have their value "increase significantly"?
Nope, nor will the 2021's, even the dollar coins.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
557 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm lacking a nice au or better Peace and have seen a spike in the price already.
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I completed my Peace dollar set about a week ago. I got an AU set and only 2 were over $95All others were under $65, probably one of the cheapest sets to complete in AU+, you just need to shop around I got most coins for $20-$25. I actually have 2 of the 1934 S which is supposed to be the key. The ones that were over $95 were the 1921 in MS and in high relief and the 1928.

Edited by hfjacinto
11/12/2019 9:39 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05