Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1817 Coronet Cent (13 Stars)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4029 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  7:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A well circulated piece, although Liberty's portrait remains in reasonably high relief. Does it make G4?

Colligo ergo sum
Valued Member
Canada
100 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very full design, I would say VG-8 maybe even VG-10
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks to me like it's got that soap filmy cleaned look. But I don't know much about early coppers, I would guess G or VG details (cleaning).
Pillar of the Community
United States
4029 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is rather grungy (came in a very old 2X2). Presented in "as found" condition.

Colligo ergo sum
Pillar of the Community
United States
1585 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2019  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
G-4 all day. It is a bit "mushy".
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30366 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would it be safe to use acetone on it?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42715 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely safe to use acetone. I'll say G-06 overall.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7867 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2019  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG8 details
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18448 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lots of hair detail especially the curl in front of the ear. VG-10 details, environmental damage.
Edited by IndianGoldEagle
11/16/2019 4:54 pm
Learn More...
United States
16330 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Soft strike
I have it at G6+
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7178 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vg details corroded
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05