Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade And Authenticity On Two Gold Pieces

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  5:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AdamDaBoss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This post has been edited to clear out poor quality photos. New photos can be seen below.

Hello, I've had these lying around and was hoping to get some opinions on authenticity and potential grades. Thank you kindly for the input. Do let me know if the pictures aren't good enough to determine either factor.
Edited by AdamDaBoss
11/16/2019 6:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
691 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF. Much better pictures are need to see details of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4314 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you take pictures in order to post them, you need to LOOK at the pictures first.
Then ask yourself, would you buy those coins based on those pictures?
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AdamDaBoss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I apologize for the mediocre photos that I originally posted. I hope these are a better reference and example of the coins in question. Thanks for your time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42878 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both genuine and I think both show evidence of light circulation. I'll say AU-58 on the 1873 and AU-55 on the Eagle.

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
16334 Posts
 Posted 11/16/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with 58 and 55.
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18473 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They looks genuine but I'm at AU-55 on both.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2019  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1873 looks nicer than the 1910.
I'd also go with the AU58 on the 1873 and AU55 on the 1910.
To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

ANA Member since 2007.
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2019  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add AdamDaBoss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses and analysis of my coins. Its much appreciated.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05