Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Currency With Interesting Notations

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  5:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PJx1024 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If anyone has any currency with interesting notations in their collection, I'd love to see them. Here are a few of mine:

"Take care of yourself and remember that we love you, Christina and Darren"

"Good Luck Betty 1928"

"Happy Birthday Honey"

"To Joe Miotto, Kathryn O'Hay Granaham"

WW2 signatures and duty locations

Pillar of the Community
United States
2429 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF PJx1024 .

I like seeing them and I find them interesting, especially the older, dated examples. I don't typically collect these unless I know the backstory or there's historical significance in the inscription. I have an example signed and dated by two BEP engravers that worked on the design of the note they signed. Kenneth Kipperman specializes in portraits, and signed the front and Christopher Madden specializes in structures, and signed the back. It's a bonus that they selected a replacement note to sign.

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PJx1024 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a cool note, SteveInTampa. I like that the grading company included their names on the certificate, I don't think I've seen that before.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43966 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2019  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are always interesting, even though their origins will likely remain unknown.
Pillar of the Community
656 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  03:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ckrakowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not mine but I thought it belonged here.

From what I can read it says:

1904 1908

Ralph n. aeger

U.S. Naval Academy

Aug 13-1904

The back has 1904 on the left and 1908 on the right.

I am not sure if there is another letter in the last name or if the middle initial is n or m or h.

Learn More...
United States
81089 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4125 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ckrakowski - I think the name on the note might be Jaeger, Ralph Mattson.

He was from Minnesota and appointed to the Naval Academy in 1904 (as indicated on your note). He graduated in 1908 and resigned from the Navy as an O3 - Lieutenant in August 1912.

Nice note. [up
ANA member: 3178122
NTCA member: 10118
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PJx1024 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool black eagle, ckrakowski, I like it.

Here are a couple more I recently picked up:

"Art Medal Safe Test, June 11th 1926" "Albert Malerhouse, Honolulu, T.H."

Some currency fragments, none of which fit together.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43966 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dated ones are always particularly interesting.

to the CCF!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.01 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05