Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finding Dimes In Customer Rolled Penny

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  08:25 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm up to 9 dimes found in this batch of customer rolled pennies. Is this a signal that this roll has been searched? If so he missed a $15 penny. And I'll take the extra $.90 Has anyone else been finding dimes?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30393 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the $15 cent? Photos?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My rotated reverse penny
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2856 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that this is a sign that the roll has NOT been searched.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oriole LOL
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Morgan Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I had last week a bank sealed box of $500 in quarters in which the first 8-9 rolls all had one penny in each roll! I didn't like that -$0.24 switcheroo per coin, which was looking to become a $12 loss event on that box in the making.

I like your switcheroo any day that gives me a +$0.09 deal per roll.

P.S. My bank didn't believe me when I went to them with the rest of this $500 quarter box and asked to swap the remainder for another box. They said it was impossible for this to happen. But they would not open any of the remaining rolls in front of me. They took the box into the back room and said they opened three rolls and didn't find any pennies. Legal liability worries, perhaps? In any event they swapped the remainder of the skunked box for another with no further comment.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also found a dime in a non-dime roll. Unfortunately it was in a quarter roll. Oh-well. Such is life.

At least it beats finding a quarter roll that is short a quarter. I feel sure we have all done THAT!
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just finished that lot of 27 rolls of customer rolled pennies. Seems like it was just someone with bad vision. I'm glad to be on the right side of the switcheroo. All tolled I got the rotated reverse, the 9 dimes and 5 wheat backs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2100 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2019  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might have been a young kid helping out their Grandparents and just counted out 5 piles of 10 coins...

Anybody ever find a quarter in a cent roll?
Valued Member
United States
116 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Still In Circ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a special treat when one finds a Susan B. Anthony dollar in half dollar roll. +.50 cents!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3810 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've found a few dimes in cent rolls since I started searching almost 45 years ago.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add qaman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found pennies in 4 dime rolls awhile back 2 per roll 5 coins in from each end. Let the bank know and they were pretty sure they knew who they came from so they started checking their rolls. Missing or wrong coins just part of the game!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2374 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2019  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 years ago I was roll hunting dimes and a had received 2-3 rolls with dimes in each end and pennies in the middle. luckily, I was at the teller window still and they saw this and were trying to hunt down the person who exchanged it. either way, it was good and bad. good in that I knew the tellers weren't searching the rolls, which I was paranoid they were, but bad because someone could get shorted A LOT.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3810 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  05:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's ok to notify the teller of shorts while you are still at the window. Not a good idea to come back after you've left the bank.
Just one more way to tee off banking personnel and lose your roll buying priveledges.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over the years I've found many dimes in customer-wrapped cent rolls--somewhere around 30-35. None found in commercially-wrapped rolls.

Last week I found a pristine car wash token in a customer-wrapped roll of quarters. Now it's in a 2x2 as an oddity.

Pillar of the Community
United States
784 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2019  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trapper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last week I found 13 dimes in $50.00 of customer wrapped pennies. So I made a $1.17 profit
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05