Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1971 D Double Struck Date/Mm Jefferson 5c. Aliens Landed On Thomas' Head?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10501 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now that I confused everyone, please fell free to expound on what I should do in the future.

In my opinion, what you did is what I would recommend. Keeping all questions about an individual coin in one topic keeps things more streamlined. The only exception is when asking for grading opinions because that has its own forum.

I think what you see on your coin is primarily Die Deterioration. One hint is that the effect spreads outward toward the rim in every case, so it's not all in the same direction like MD tends to be.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuyGuns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok Coop. All points understood. Including MD.

I will Tag pictures in the future. I did mention Variety Vista in comment where I added those pictures. But assuming folks knew that, will not work. Tags it is.

And I edited the comment with the four pictures from Variety Vista and noted they are from VV. If you would like me to tag them individually I can do that.

So I also am assuming now that your question of two subjects is OK as I did it, but the confusion was my doing as you stated, and I get it. No worries.

Feel free to add more if needed. I'll tell ya....I should have left the cool double strike as the only post. I got happy when I saw the other stuff and thought I would ask. But again....Mechanical Doubling has haunted me since I started this adventure. Going to be more discerning in the future. Keep it simple. Avoid MD if at all possible as posts. Lol. It's a trouble maker.

Ok...on we go
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  02:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BuyGuns to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea spruett. Understood on the MD. I think that is ok regarding two subjects in same thread for same coin. But I did confuse the situation with the Variety Vista pics and general flow of thread considering those two different subjects.

But I think Coop is saying we are OK with that, if it flows well and tagging sources that are not mine. Not a problem. I tend to get carried away with attention to detail, I used to be good at it. Now I end up shattering the detail. Lol So I I will try to employ a new old tactic of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Just ordered a Osaki EC-563 XL full Massage chair. I think I need to use it for a few weeks, as it massages my grape (head) to. Lol And chill a bit. Think good thoughts. "There's no place like home. There's no place like MD..." NOooooo!! Ahhhhhhh!! Haha Anyway, can't hurt.

It's all good.
Edited by BuyGuns
12/06/2019 02:38 am
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05