Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help With A Few Pennies - 1929, 1935, 1951, 1959, 1969

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 578Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  9:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add alexgains to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, I am new to the coin community so I apologize if I posted in the wrong forum.

My dad gave me a few pennies asking me to send them for grading through PCGS or NGC. I am new to coins and wanted to ask for advice form you guys if it would make sense to do for these coins. Are these DD coins, what these could be worth, and what is it with 1951 penny?

Thank you very much for your you help in advance!

Alex

Learn More...
United States
16666 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ag, first welcome to CCF. Second, that '51-D is damaged (not a mint error) and definitely not worth sending in to a TPG. I suspect the same is true for the others, but await more knowledgeable opinions.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD goes to the 51-D cent. F15 to the 35-S; Details, cleaned on the 29, and the 59-D and 69-S are spenders. None of these coins are worth TPG.
Edited by Finn70
12/05/2019 10:29 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49586 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You will get more replies if you post your coins one at a time.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13813 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow , I hate to burst your bubble ( and your father's ) with all do respect ,but none of these coins are DD's . Most of them are cleaned badly and or Damaged ( not by the mint ). Do not send any of these coins to PCGS or NGC or any other TPG .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Learn More...
United States
88809 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Quote:
You will get more replies if you post your coins one at a time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16527 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CC!

Nice that your father got you started with a few coins. Sadly, none of them are worth the expense of grading....but you can start a Lincoln collection with them. :)
Lincoln Cent Lover!
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alexgains to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much guys for your responses! You just saved me tons of time and money! I truly appreciate it! If anything worthy comes my way I know where to come now :)

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 578Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05