Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1973 5 Cent Error, 2009 $1 Error. I'm New Please Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  01:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Moj27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello there.
I'm extremely new to the world of coins and I was hoping if anyone could please help me with any information, advise and possible value on these 2 coins I pulled from circulation.
I also apologise for my lack of skills in photography.
My many thanks to everyone or just anyone who may help. Cheers #127867; and have a great day #128076;

Valued Member
Australia
399 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Moj27 and

Both coins have Post Mint Damage ( PMD) which means that the damage has occurred in circulation.

The first coin looks like it's been hit by a mower blade or similar whilst the second coin was most likely damaged by a coin rolling machine.

Unfortunately both are only worth face value ... but keep searching!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
587 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moj27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the welcome and the feed back.

I do have a lot of questions though and iv taken better pics. I extremely appreciate your time.
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moj27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou again for any feed back. I do have a few queries though as to how the damage occurred. Please, I'm not wanting to offended anyone, I'm only wanting to learn. Thanks again

Is that reeding I see in the damage on the rim?

I'm trying to show how raised the damage is on the reverse.

I'm not sure how to explain what I see, it's as if the top surface was scraped back because I can still see the echidna .

With the $1 I thought it was an error because to physically hold it, it's indented.
It's marked with the extra ring on the obverse and that's the side that's raised. I haven't noticed any markings on the reverse to cause the indentation.

With this pic I was hoping to show the indentation

I hope I explained my self correctly and again many thanks for any info and advise.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5111 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both coins are PMD.

The 5c has been harshly scraped with a metal implement.

The $1 is most likely to be coin rolling machine damage, very common.

Keep searching, pretty soon you'll find some errors.
A friend is a present you give to yourself.
Nancy
Learn More...
United States
80900 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05