Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1973 5 Cent Error, 2009 $1 Error. I'm New Please Help!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 611Next Topic  

Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  01:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Moj27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello there.
I'm extremely new to the world of coins and I was hoping if anyone could please help me with any information, advise and possible value on these 2 coins I pulled from circulation.
I also apologise for my lack of skills in photography.
My many thanks to everyone or just anyone who may help. Cheers #127867; and have a great day #128076;

Pillar of the Community
Australia
508 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Moj27 and

Both coins have Post Mint Damage ( PMD) which means that the damage has occurred in circulation.

The first coin looks like it's been hit by a mower blade or similar whilst the second coin was most likely damaged by a coin rolling machine.

Unfortunately both are only worth face value ... but keep searching!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
619 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moj27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the welcome and the feed back.

I do have a lot of questions though and iv taken better pics. I extremely appreciate your time.
Australia
7 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moj27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou again for any feed back. I do have a few queries though as to how the damage occurred. Please, I'm not wanting to offended anyone, I'm only wanting to learn. Thanks again

Is that reeding I see in the damage on the rim?

I'm trying to show how raised the damage is on the reverse.

I'm not sure how to explain what I see, it's as if the top surface was scraped back because I can still see the echidna .

With the $1 I thought it was an error because to physically hold it, it's indented.
It's marked with the extra ring on the obverse and that's the side that's raised. I haven't noticed any markings on the reverse to cause the indentation.

With this pic I was hoping to show the indentation

I hope I explained my self correctly and again many thanks for any info and advise.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5154 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both coins are PMD.

The 5c has been harshly scraped with a metal implement.

The $1 is most likely to be coin rolling machine damage, very common.

Keep searching, pretty soon you'll find some errors.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 611Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05