Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 Copper Cent. 3.3 Gram, Magnetic Free

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,992Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1549 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Counterfeit or altered date. The "4" is wrong for 1943, and the crossbar of the "4" is too high relative to the middle curl of the "3" in the date. The "4" appears to match the position and shape of the "4" from 1942.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17308 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, my previous comment was just a little bit 'tongue in cheek'.
In reality, I have some serious doubts about this coin.
Learn More...
United States
90223 Posts
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lincoln enthusia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure.if I can get better pics but here is what I have, and I'm not saying I think it to be real which is why I am posting here. I've had good fred back and a couple offers not they were low and I refused them
I'd really like to have it turn out to be real but I know those chances are very.very slim. I'll take more pics and get them posted today as well. Thank everyone for your comments and opinions.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19593 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Just send to a TPGS for a true answer.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
3595 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm confused from Lincoln Enthusia's statement. You don't think the coin is real but you have refused offers that were too low?
If any part of you thinks that it *could* be real, you'd be cheating yourself by not sending the coin into a TPG for verification. IF it is real, it's worth thousands and thousands of dollars!
Do a search on PCGS or NGC and figure out how to send the coin for verification and grading. If you still have questions, ask them here.
ša va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10918 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  02:24 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waiting for more/better pics!

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Learn More...
United States
16357 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  05:38 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like it at all. Sorry. Seen many of these so yes, I'm a skeptic.
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1140 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  06:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send it in to ANACS it's gonna be the cheapest way to do it and you are looking for authentication, not a good slab that gets more resale value. If it is what it is its worth a whole lot and the ANACS slab won't matter much at all vs. PCGS or NGC.

At least you'll know for sure for yourself.
Edited by Big-Kingdom
12/13/2019 06:01 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 1,992Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05