Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1868 S Seated Liberty Quarter F12 CAC PCGS

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhh...now I'm cooking with gas.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2435 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ coinfrog..I hope to see you continue to comment on these coins that doc post, just so that other collectors (me) can get your opinion to expand their own knowledge...
Learn More...
United States
80900 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43825 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I never mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I believe that many coins up for grading or comment deserve at least one opinion from a devil's advocate. I collected this series for over 30 years and handled all of the rarities in most available grades at the time. I always encourage collectors of the non-proof issues in this tough, expensive series to learn the art of being choosy early-on given the financial stakes. For a nicer example of the 1868-S, see the thread "A Small Collection of Seated Liberty quarters" by Germanicvs just 5-6 hours ago.
Edited by Coinfrog
12/09/2019 3:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog, I don't think anyone's feelings were hurt. Not mine...not anyone else's I don't think...yours? I made it perfectly clear from the get-go what I was trying to do.....AU/MS where I can and whatever I can get to have the set done in a 10 years time frame or so....You just thought it was for resale at some point and I would be losing out in money by not getting the upper echelon coins which would make it easier to resell at some point down the road....and I thank you for that....I know the expected costs involved will be high. It's not a poor man's game so to say. You just didn't know I had no intention of reselling it down the road but rather gift it. It's only money and you can't take it with ya....But I will make sure there are a few choice coins that I do take with me when the time comes. I want everyone to say they don't like a coin and give the reasons why...as well as I encourage why someone likes a coin and to give the reasons why. It gets a conversation started faster than fast. Lol.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
12/09/2019 7:02 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43825 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2019  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish you the best and please contact me if you'd like an opinion on any potential purchase. Do be sure you've bought the standard references on this series.
Pillar of the Community
United States
675 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and I will because I still don't won't to get a bad deal on certain key ones. Thankls
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05