Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Serious Question About No MM Indian Head Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Neotones to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In my collection, I have come across an Indian Head Nickel with no Mint Mark. I am looking to see if any of you would know a price on this judging by the pictures. I do not have any way of looking very closely at the coin to see if it has been double died or not (all my coin knowledge has mostly been learned today on Youtube ) Any help helps

Pillar of the Community
United States
1189 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's from Philadelphia and considering that's it's a common date I would say .50 to .75, I paid .75 from a dealer for mine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4905 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it is a common 1936 Philadelphia minted Buffalo nickel. It is worth about 35 cents wholesale and retails for about 50 to 75 cents.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12679 Posts
 Posted 01/13/2020  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , no Doubled Die . Just a common date circulated Buffalo nickel worth about 50 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Learn More...
United States
82429 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1833 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neotones, the mint mark for this series of nickels is found under the words "Five Cents" on the reverse. The absence of a mint mark on your coin indicates it was made in Philadelphia. Hope this helps.

I would highly recommend obtaining a copy of the " Red Book of US coins". Your local library or bookstore has it, I am certain.

to the CCF!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05