Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1855 O Half Dollar Grade And Opinions?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  1:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think this would be? I really like the die cracks.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2809 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any luster?
Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is hard to tell from my pics but yes it does have luster.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45948 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-53.
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU 55
Pillar of the Community
United States
713 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Solid XF, possible AU.

Looks a little pitted in photos?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8028 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "pitting" looks like small spots of toning to me.

AU-53
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
United States
2809 Posts
 Posted 01/14/2020  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"the "pitting" looks like some small spots of toning to me"
Which I believe might be from an old fingerprint..AU55
Pillar of the Community
United States
8363 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
for a coin that is mid AU the surfaces do not appear to be original particularly on the obverse. the spotting and dull areas for a coin at this level is telling me its a cleaned coin. it looks like someone attempted to remove something from the fields giving this overall look and leaving those little black spots. whether or not its enough to details it is another matter.in my mind it is
Pillar of the Community
United States
1342 Posts
 Posted 01/15/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wicked nice cracks, probable old harsh cleaning, marks by the beak, and those spots/pits make me want to see it in person. I wouldn't be surprised if this was cracked out of a details holder.
Secret Santa!
Upgrading my 7070 never ends!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Razor sharp coin but unfortunately I think it was cleaned at some point. AU-58 details, cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
584 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Heymikep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased this one for $60 and I had Ebay Bucks of $30 so only out of pocket $30.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1414 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steelers72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the die cracks but the tpgs would call this au details scratches imo with those left obverse field scratches

Just had one with very similar scratches go au scratches. May be just the current state of the tpgs; they've been tough lately.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coin for 30 bucks! You did good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7445 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Au55. Fantastic strike and price
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05