Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

President George H W Bush Dollar Coin

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  2:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TomW to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It looks like President George H. W. Bush, who passed away in 2018, will be getting a dollar coin. The bill to mint the coin has passed the House and Senate and awaits the President's signature.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th...ate-bill/457
Edited by TomW
01/17/2020 2:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
806 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What interests me is that the Bush coin has been selected to be CIRCULATED. It's been years since any of the Presidential dollars were circulated.
I do hope that it would follow the design of the previous 'prez' dollars, and not minted in a totally different pattern(s). I already have a spot in my folder for GHW right after Ronald Reagan's.
Learn More...
United States
84126 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I do hope that it would follow the design of the previous 'prez' dollars, and not minted in a totally different pattern(s). I already have a spot in my folder for GHW right after Ronald Reagan's.
Same here.
Valued Member
Germany
446 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the link above

This bill requires the issuance of

$1 coins bearing the image of President George H.W. Bush for a one-year period beginning on January 1, 2019, and
bullion coins bearing the image of Barbara Bush during that same period.

Beginning January 1, 2019?
Edited by redlock
01/18/2020 08:20 am
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
From the link above

This bill requires the issuance of

$1 coins bearing the image of President George H.W. Bush for a one-year period beginning on January 1, 2019, and
bullion coins bearing the image of Barbara Bush during that same period.

Beginning January 1, 2019?

The bill was actually introduced in early 2019 but no action was taken on it until just the last few weeks.
Learn More...
United States
84126 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming it gets signed, I suppose they can begin as soon as possible.
Valued Member
United States
233 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Carter's is going to be an OCD nightmare. Does it go before Reagan, based on term, or after Bush, based in issue?
Learn More...
United States
84126 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It goes in the hole that is already in the album.

You cannot see the edge dates anyway.
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The President signed this bill yesterday (Jan. 27) so it has now officially become law. So now I guess we wait for the official design and the release date.
Learn More...
United States
84126 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So now I guess we wait for the official design and the release date.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16329 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The link takes you to the summary of the bill, which was written in 2019. If you read the actual text of the bill it says

(2) an inscription of the year "2020".
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
84126 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you read the actual text of the bill it says (2) an inscription of the year "2020".
Pillar of the Community
United States
775 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As much as I am NOT a fan of the Presidential series, I am actually looking forward to this one.
Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel (Buffalo/no date); Dime 1914; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (United Kingdom)
United States
29 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TomW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Commission of Fine Arts (CFA) has recommended a design for the George H. W. Bush Presidential dollar coin that is the same design that the Bush family prefers:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...dollar-coins
Valued Member
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Considering I have the first thirty nine coins placed in the mint and proof sets of the time, it looks like another coin for the collection, this time likely standing on its' own.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add willieboyd2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another one?

https://www.brianrxm.com
The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
Coins in Movies and on Television
The 1949 San Francisco Mexico Peso Restrikes
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05