Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unknown Ancient Coins (Lot Of 4)?! I Don't Know What They Are!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  8:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I am new to this site and have recently found some old ancient looking coins, but have absolutely no idea what they are.

I have included pictures of them below!

Does anyone recognize any? Thank you ahead of time!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
31824 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Give it a bit and members will help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3134 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

I can recognize the bottom right as Roman empire, but I can't quite make out the legends. The bottom left is the Indian state of Kutch ((ca) 1870-1930)) The upper left may be Delhi Sultanate.

Please give us better photographs and I think that we can narrow everything down:

Individual cropped pictures of each side, and a weight and diameter of each one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1719 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Top left is...2 Gani - Ala al din Mohammed II Khilji
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces38433.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
4699 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Roman might be Marcus Aurelius with VOTA reverse (sacrificing over a tripod). Yep, better pics would help.
Edited by Bob L
01/19/2020 09:52 am
Learn More...
United States
22808 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  09:56 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the community

Only one of the coins appear to be ancient. You will need to take a closer picture of that one. Also in the future only post one or two coins at a time.
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  10:20 am  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cropped and adjusted the Roman coin for the poster:

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all so much for the quick and positive comments, and welcoming!! It is crazy how fast some of these have been identified (and pretty exciting too!). I will make sure to post better pictures and their weights soon!
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a better picture of what is believed to be a Roman coin! Roughly 2.5 cm in diameter (I will post weights later - Am traveling!)

Valued Member
United Kingdom
146 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Novicius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Roman coin looks very much like this one on VCoins.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another! Roughly 2 cm in diameter. This one is pretty thick too... almost half a centimeter

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And lastly, which one of the users identified as a coin from the Indian state of Kutch 1870-1930. While the markings on these coin seem to match, I wasn't able to find this EXACT coin just yet.

It is roughly 1.5 cm in diameter.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1719 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The kutch coin is this...1 Trambiyo - George V [Khengarji III]
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces20597.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
4699 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Roman coin looks very much like this one on VCoins.

To me the portrait resembles Marcus Aurelius more so than Antoninus Pius. For comparison, the OP coin lightened, below, with various VOTA varieties of MA.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1719 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...Good call Bob.

Top right hand coin looks like this... Anna - George VI [Umaid Singh]
https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces48523.html
Edited by Palouche
01/19/2020 1:20 pm
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for all the responses!! I am still very surprised at how fast we were able to figure out what these coins are (They are very unique and I would never have found out by myself). This site is DOPE, I like it.

Thanks again everyone!!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05