Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 LMC DDO & DDR With Lamination Error? Opinions Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 394Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  5:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Trailshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

At first glance I thought it had damage on it, but after close inspection, I realized there was no damage due to circulation, just what appears to be a lamination errors on both sides along with the DD's on both sides. I've found nothing online to compare it to for a value. Thank you for your responses!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
35613 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  5:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see no lamination error,just a plating issue. I also see no DDR or DDO.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
17171 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ts, first welcome to CCF. Second, nice job with the pics--those are above average and really help. However, I don't see any laminations but rather a plating issue. If these bubbles can be compressed with a wooden toothpick, then they are plating bubbles. If not, then likely there was some unremoved debris on the planchet just prior to the plating step.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
63 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Trailshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Spence. I'll try the toothpick thing. Under my 30xor 60x loop the doubling is evident. Maybe I can get a better pic...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No need for more pictures. I agree with the previous answers. If you need to zoom in that far, then the doubling probably isn't there. Could be Pareidolia.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3585 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, what a plating issue on the obverse! The mint is destroying pennies!

Large date 82 zinc, in case you were wondering
ša va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46242 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bumps are from plating over zinc dust. They won't give. After a few years they figured out they needed a bit more rinsing before the plating. We still see this from time to time, but not like the lumpy years of 1982-85 on these cents.

Scary.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
01/21/2020 10:13 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 394Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05