Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1916 D Lincoln Cent For Grading

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  4:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Canada
650 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53 BN
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12721 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hold on a minute . Which photo is the real color of this coin .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Edited by T-BOP
01/24/2020 4:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3419 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62/63 BN
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1451 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with T-BOP
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First set of photos is closer but I believe it to be a dark red brown when it hits the light
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16290 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  5:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hummm....that's a big contrast. I'll grade from the first photos only.

AU-50/53 sounds about right. It's a very nice BN coin.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44995 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-58, super example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1404 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jmkendall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, I was going with XF45/AU50 with the first pic. And MS64Red with the second. I have no idea now that I know it is the first pic, except to say it def goes up past the xf range now.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8264 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there is such a disparity in the two sets of photos I'm confused also. I think I'm in the AU58 arena unless you can post better shots. don't scan use white background
Pillar of the Community
United States
1762 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 BN.
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll see what I can do in a couple days folks. Thanks for the replies
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trying some different photography

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1162 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't get a good feel for the grade from the photos, so I'll reserve judgment on the grade.

Just one quick comment. There are a lot of high grade survivors for 1916-D, but many of them have mushy strikes. Based on what I see on bourse floors, your coin definitely has a better than average strike. Regardless of technical grade, I could see an eye appeal price bump for your coin.

One possible issue I see is the discoloration on the right wheat stalk. If this is corrosion, it would be a real concern. If it's just superficial or an alloy mixing issue, it isn't a problem.
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rlewis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comment. I'll update when I send her in
Pillar of the Community
United States
697 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any circulation wear, maybe some bag marks.

I'd say MS60 or MS61.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05