Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1954 D LWC DDO Yes No Maby?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  02:17 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
MR Wexler has a 1954 D DDO-003 listed. This one kinda looks close but the Die scratches on mine are different. Perhaps a different stage? Yes No Mabey lol...http://doubleddie.com/809460.html

Edited by Daves Errors
01/25/2020 02:18 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32622 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it is a DDO,but great pics.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1086 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WDDO-003 link- http://doubleddie.com/809460.html

Definitely not 003 since the MM placement is different and the line under the crossbar of the 4 is not parallel to the crossbar like yours. It could be Die Deterioration but I don't think so.

Your images seem to show something (might be a die gouge though) below the top end of the 5.

It seems like it might be worth sending to Wexler to see what he thinks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1761 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  06:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning Daves Errors,

Doubleddie.com's WDDO-003's mintmark position does not match.

But your coin does look like the same type of doubling as WDDO-003.

It is not WDDO-003 or DDO-003.

For less confusion, please stick to the naming standards set by each website.
Wexler (Doubleddie.com) uses "WDDO" or WDDR" when assigning the varieties while Dr. Wiles (VarietyVista) uses " DDO" or DDR".

EDIT: I guess I should have read the other comments first... info I posted was already posted...
Edited by levelsofmadnes
01/25/2020 06:54 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43149 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coppercoins uses 1DO, or 1DR or 1MM (RPM).
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the schooling as to how things are listed guys but I already know all this. It was a Typo just missed the W. The main question is as simple as the title is asking. DDO Yes No or Maybe. Due to the four being SIMILAR as the WDDO-003..Thanks
Edited by Daves Errors
01/26/2020 02:36 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3216 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a DDO to me, same type as CONECA 54-S DDO 2/3/4, see here:

http://www.varietyvista.com/01a%20L...201954-S.htm

CONECA doesn't list a similar 54-D but Wexler lists the one you linked. For sure yours is not Wexler's #3 but there seems to be a trend for these in 1954. There are no similar 54-P's listed, so maybe no one has looked hard enough yet, or maybe the two listed by Wexler without images are also this type.
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rmpsrmps: The Doubling is close to the 1954 S DDO-004 but this is a D mintmark. I'm thing its a DDO but none listed that it matches. I will send it in to MR Wiles and see what he will list it as.Thanks everyone for your help.
Edited by Daves Errors
01/26/2020 3:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2750 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, I was not aware of these doubled dies. Yours doesn't match anything listed, so it has a good shot of being a new DDO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tanman2001:Same here new to me. I just opened up a OLD roll from the back of the closet and it has 3 of the coin, I looked on Wexler and V V but did not see this one listed. Mine has different Die markers. I will send it in and wait to see lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3216 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have one of the 54-D's to share, but I did high resolution 2D images and 3D renderings of one of the 54-S DDOs, which is similar to yours. Take a look here:

http://www.macrocoins.com/1954s-ddo-4-o-viii.html
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
rpmsrpms: what the frickity frack. I want one of them micro coin system's. How do I get one that's cool and clear imaging.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SinisterOneToo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need one too. I remember when I used to spot errors with the naked eye when I was younger. Now I need my glasses and to use the camera on my phone to see if it's a dime or a nickle in my hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
892 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same here lol. I WANNA BE 20 AGAIN
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05