Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 S Wheat Penny Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 820Next Topic  

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

Would anyone be able to estimate a price/value for this 1909 s Wheat penny? I am not sure if I overpaid as I am new to coin collecting... I included pictures below!

Thank you.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8847 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will guess it is a conservative AU53 or maybe straight AU55. There is a little wear showing on the left wheat stalk and highpoint of Lincolns cheek. Rims look lightly circulated. Very nice coin! Probably missed Red Brown and is Brown unless pictures make it look like that. I would guess you could have safely paid around $130 to $160.
I am just making my best guess here.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48991 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice-looking coin.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13645 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , AU-53 $150-$195 .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34332 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a good place to look for values as well as eBay sold values "before" you buy http://www.numismedia.com/rarecoinprices/fmv.shtml
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3497 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang, that's a pretty nice one! As others have said $150-200 would have been reasonable. The standard brown VG-F ones typically are pushing $100.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all of the replies! So I guess it's a win for me considering I got it for $100 at an auction! But I might return it cause of funds :((
Valued Member
231 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thecollectible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin but has no shining luster surface
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16501 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at EF-45, looks like a nice coin, may have been lightly cleaned at some point.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 820Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05