Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2008 Ten Cent Coin - Double Rim

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 630Next Topic  

Australia
1 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  05:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fourwalls94 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found a 2008 double rim ten-cent coin amongst spare change around a month ago and have been trying to work out what to do with it.

I'm not a collector but I am sure there are many people who would want it in there collections.

I have no idea what it's worth and looked around and saw that some go between $50-$400 for some double rims. But I was wondering if anyone could have a better go at a value? I listed in eBay for $90 I have no idea if that's over or under and any help would be appreciated.

*** Edited by Staff - Please review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. ***

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask, I've had trouble finding places to ask.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35586 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. It is an off center strike,nice.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
Valued Member
Australia
291 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you could take some pics of the outer rim so we can see if the milling is intact that would be great and could be an out of collar strike, which would add a bit more value. As it is it's worth around $5 in todays market.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
625 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As stated it looks like a off centre strike but how that came to be needs a bit more of a exotic answer.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 630Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05