Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Was Convinced To Start A Small Cents Collection

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 108 / Views: 5,489Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  10:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First I want to say, I love some of the people on here. Its not all, like I once heard some one say if they don't like Bison Nickels you shouldn't like them back (That was an attempt at coin humor, it might not have been very funny but hey its "change" from the ordinary)

Back to being serious. I love a few of the posters, one especially convinced me to start a small cents collection, so I picked up an album and proceeded to fill it. The poster sent me A LOT of coins and another poster followed up and sent me more. MAN some of you are super nice. So here is my mostly MS, some circulated and missing a few small cents. I have a few missing on order and the higher cost ones I hope to get when I finish the Liberty nickels but so far, I really like Canadian small cents. The observe with the queen throughout the ages really are good and the maple leaves and the bird in 1967 really great.

Thanks for looking.

The new album I picked up and a few MS coins.

Please note that the 1953 are both NSF and the 1965 are all blunt 5, I don't collect varieties unless the differences are noticable naked eye.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And I also found a woody. I thought only LWC were woodies, but Canadian Small cents are also PRETTY COOL.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3186 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats,nice start, you're on your way to another filled album...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2436 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  11:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good hfjacinto!
ša va bien aller
Learn More...
Canada
9077 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey that's a great start!! Looking forward to seeing your updates!
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5301 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good start but the album is missing a few from 2006 to 2012
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Good start but the album is missing a few from 2006 to 2012

I live in the US and don't see Canadian currency, so I had to order those. I have 2 packages coming in and will only be missing 3 of the key dates and a few P coins. I might just pick them up on eBay. I'll post later this week when I get the missing ones. I'll get the key dates after I finish the Liberty V nickels (only missing 3 and each is available locally).

The Canadian cents I'll have to order and I found a place in Ohio that has them but before I order the key dates I ordered a few commons to see the condition, shipping, etc. don't want to throw money unless I trust the place.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48058 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice-looking set so far!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree hfjacinto ... the people here are the best. Great job on the Canadian cents.

Keep us informed about your Library nickels (I am at five left and holding).
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5301 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First look here to see what you need
https://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php

Then look here to buy, maybe

https://www.colonialacres.com/Default.asp
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the nice comments!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found this place, prices are better

http://www.allensinc.com/coins/cana...ll_cents.htm

The coin prices website is really nice that was how I knew about the varieties. I'm only getting a few as most aren't really visible naked eye. The 1947 was one I did want and was able to get :)
Edited by hfjacinto
02/02/2020 10:37 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5301 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found this place, prices are better

Yes that right BUT yours are US prices and the one I posted is Canadian prices, 1 US dollar about $1.32 Canadian
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me see what the coins look like that I ordered from Allens Coin Shop and the 4 proofs I got off of Ebay. I think I'm only missing 7 coins. I'll list what I'm missing, maybe I can get some one on CFF to sell them missing ones :) for those that Allens/Colonial Acres don't have. I also have an LCS nearby that I can check for some of the older dates.

I'll post pictures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like I'm missing:
1999P

All 5 are about $100 not bad.
Learn More...
United States
86430 Posts
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 108 / Views: 5,489Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.93 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05