Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This 1869 Indian Head Cent Worth Keeping?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
69 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  5:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newguy87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Today I was looking at stuff I found metal detecting last summer and noticed I had this 1869 Indian Head cent. I looked it up and the dissapointment set in. The value of this year is why I ask. Not sure if it is even worth holding on to at all. The last image is the recerse of coin..

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44837 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not worth much in this state, for sure. Too bad, it's a key date.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12688 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel your pain but copper in the ground for that length of time just culls the heck out of it especially if the ground was acidy .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
269 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddyknuckles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Condition aside I have never found a key date myself detecting so gotta take the good with the bad I guess maybe it could be a pocket piece
CCF Advertiser
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  12:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paradime Coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The condition look quite messy for sure. Not sure if that's any worth but do keep posted if it gets sold with the price fetched.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6040 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine fared better

Valued Member
United States
335 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it costs nothing to hang on to so why not! Keep it, still a nice piece of history.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mail187man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also detect and when I find IHP in this condition, I wipe the dirt off as best I can and put them into a bag. Now I have I nice little bag of them and its pretty neat to have and show people when they are over and show interest in detecting.

A lot of people also make shadow boxes and display pieces for their finds. Something like this would look great alongside some buckles, buttons, and bullets.
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add iontyre to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"A lot of people also make shadow boxes and display pieces for their finds. Something like this would look great alongside some buckles, buttons, and bullets."

...or the bottlecaps, beer cans, and nails that seem to be all I ever find with my detector. :(
Pillar of the Community
United States
2518 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a bunch of MD Indians like that.

Fun to find but, not worth much
Pillar of the Community
United States
896 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VerdiCare might help it.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05