Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960-D Lincoln Cent "Purple" Color. Are These Considered Desirable?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  9:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MarcyMarce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a few coins that are deep purple color . I'm not to sure if they are red brown or red but do they have any value in them? Accepting any responses! THANK YOU ...

Learn More...
United States
14862 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mm, while there are some toning-enthusiasts, I think that there are many folks who don't.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2020  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarcyMarce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the response! So I assume it's all subjective to the buyers?
Edited by MarcyMarce
02/13/2020 9:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
196 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  08:57 am  Show Profile   Check BrandaBob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BrandaBob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's definitely subjective, toning never influences the grade of a coin, it can just make it more or less attractive. Personally I think your coin looks very nice, I wouldn't even be surprised if anyone offered you a small premium for it. Otherwise, decent grade, common year, and small date 1960-D's aren't super uncommon either.
Edited by BrandaBob
02/14/2020 08:57 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12704 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marcy , a classic case of an environment that the coin was placed in through out the years ., might even be folder or type of album it was placed in . Whatever the case may be I don't think it's a bad toning , some guys might like it .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MarcyMarce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all the responses and honesty! :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1875 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2020  04:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Officially colouring or toning is considered "damage" but as other have said, this is very subjective. Some might offer you a premium for them, while others won't touch them. It's all eye appeal and personal tastes. Also, I've heard that toned coins can/will change over time. It has to do with the environments past, present and future. While many have tried to manipulate the process, few have seceded, and as stated the colour you see presently is no guarantee of where the tones/colours may go.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05