Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2003 Missouri Quarter Design Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  6:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Maxnick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First, I would to say thank you for accepting me into the coin community forum. I recently inherited a few coins And as I was going through them and checking the values I realized a 2003 proof quarter has a different design then the normal 2003 quarter. Would this be considered an error because I've tried and I'm having trouble finding one like it. I've attached a picture, I'm a novice so I appreciate any help you can offer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Check Dave42's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dave42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like the coin you have is not a product of the US mint, but rather a privately struck coin. I found the following information about it. It's not much, but interesting. I would like to see a picture of the front of your coin as well. Thanks!

http://dph1701.tripod.com/50quarter...roversy.html
Learn More...
United States
84130 Posts
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maxnick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the reply. That makes complete sense. I've attached a view of the other side of the coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
533 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Dave42's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Dave42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, you can just see where it is stamped "COPY" on Washington's head. They have to do that for legal reasons, or else it would be considered a counterfeit coin. Very cool "coin" though!
Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsertl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm from, Missouri. And I like This design way better than the one the mint produced. Either way That's a neat coin
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05