Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CRH 1958/7 BU LWC / Die Gouge!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 560Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1175 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  03:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Do you agree Die gouge or 8/7 what say you in the matter?
http://lincolncentresource.com/FAQ/...verdate.html

Pillar of the Community
United States
710 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  03:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eyes4Error to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a possible die gouge...? I see some ghosting on the back of the coin... nice coin!

Let's hear some other opinions... I'm no expert here...
Edited by Eyes4Error
02/17/2020 03:53 am
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  03:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hybrid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two light scratches on the 8 and some Machine Doubling
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48865 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I lean toward a die gouge as well. Nice photography!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3281 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forget it and just spend it already......
No,no,no, really nice cent...If I had it ,to label for a 2x2,I'd go "8/7? Die gouge" as per the write up in LincolnCS, team die gouge here, only because...what other year cent has an overdate? Really neat find...good eye...
Pillar of the Community
United States
1175 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  12:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greasy Fingers: GOOD EYE... lol. My eyes suck and if I did not have a SCOPE I would not find half the stuff I have found. I have glasses but I cant even see good enough to find them I know they are here somewhere..
Edited by Daves Errors
02/18/2020 12:32 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45140 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was falsely believed for years as a '8' over 7. But the location of an overlay of this proves that it is not:
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 560Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05