Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New 2020 Quarter... This Normal?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  8:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Eclark3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in my change a little bit ago. Figured I'd look under the microscope. Got three coins, one looked like this two looked normal. Could this be Die Deterioration if it was just released? Thanks

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4997 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a full size pic of the coin.
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eclark3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry they are not the best photos

Since they are fairly new I'm having a hard time finding any info about known errors.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2775 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because the letters are incuse, doubling on the outer lettering is Machine Doubling or Die Deterioration Doubling. Hub doubling (a doubled die) would actually make these letters thinner, like E PLURIBUS UNUM on the major shield cent DDRs.
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eclark3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
2079 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like Machine Doubling, or DDD. A spender.
ša va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bezo816 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, get on ebay and check it out...people have been selling/buying "Poor Man's DD"
Just saying...before you spend it. Some people might frown upon this, but if you list it as MD, HD or Poor Man's doubling, there is a market...might be worth your time...just saying.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2079 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey Bezo816, I have a bridge for you to buy
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ merclover, You should offer the golden gate. That ones been sold to many times.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2079 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is the "Poor Man's" Golden Gate Bridge. Selling it cheap!
ša va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43295 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably Tropicalbats favorite new coin? Looks like Mom is hanging in there with Junior.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05