Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rare 1926 Mercury Dime DDO

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  1:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Propelsiphon30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I think I found the rare 1926 DDO Mercury dime. Never seen an anacs slab say Machine Doubling on it. Never seen any slab that doesn't say DDO on it. Hopefully I have the real deal here. Anacs has only graded one. Look at the doubling in god we trust.

Anacs and NGC have both graded one already. I think there are only 3 or 4 out there that are known. I saw one going for 10k on ebay. 1919 and 1926 are the two rare ddos for Mercury dimes because they dont exist. I would like your opinions on this coin.

I should get it attributed? I dont want this to be simply Machine Doubling and it worth nothing. Even on the w for the marker it's got doubling if not tripling going on. Friend said it was Machine Doubling. I disagree.
Edited by Propelsiphon30
02/21/2020 1:46 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32688 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Looks like damage on the W. Here is the DDO http://varietyvista.com/06%20Mercur...6PDDO001.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Propelsiphon30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The designers initials look exactly like the image you showed me. I definitely have the doubling going on. I dont know about damage to the coin. Thanks for your fast response.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32688 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion,not a DDO.
John1
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
43240 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wexler lists two WDDOs:
http://doubleddie.com/1771404.html

But from the images provided, I'm not seeing a doubled die. The date looks like it might be showing Machine Doubling or die wear? (A closer view might help to identify it?)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
02/21/2020 2:38 pm
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Propelsiphon30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is with it zoomed. If it's not a DDO then what is this thing? You're telling me if I send this coin in to anacs it's going to grade a notation with " Machine Doubling"? I've never heard of that.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32688 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Date looks MD to me. I do not know how anacs would label it.
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
566 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its Machine Doubling, not a doubled die. Grading companies don't designate Machine Doubling, so it would just be graded as a normal dime, because that's what it is.
Learn More...
United States
84130 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2766 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the above.

Your coin has Machine Doubling, not a DDO. ANACS would not label it as anything other than a 1926 Dime if you sent this to be graded.

Here's the real 1926 DDO: http://varietyvista.com/06%20Mercur...6PDDO001.htm
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Propelsiphon30 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the quick answers guys. At the very least I got another Mercury dime to my collection. Thought I was lucky guess not. Anyway thanks for the welcomes guys. I've been a collector for two years now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2070 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MD, not rare I'm afraid.

to the CCF!

thread posted in wrong forum
ša va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46142 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must agree.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19171 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Just a bit of wishful thinking.
just carl
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05