Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Penny Poll: Do You Pick Up Pennies When You See Them On The Ground?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,590Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shooligan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Voted yes. Never pass on the opportunity to pick up a penny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
600 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2102 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Find a penny, pick it up
Pillar of the Community
United States
1998 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found 4 cents today.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7069 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pick up pennies when I see them. The last one I picked up, two days ago, was dated 2014. British pennies are worth fractionally more than US pennies!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsForComics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somebody dropped or discharged a bunch of pennies not too long ago at the park and it was cool to find a bunch of wheaties that I added to my copper jar.
Valued Member
United States
192 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orange26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, I sure do. Every penny we get is every penny we earn.
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to all who have voted and to those who have left comments!
I appreciate your input.
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dug a $20 bill out of the mud along the curb at the edge of the street in an industrial area once. I am still alive as I suspect the germs take one look at me and run away. I have found innumerable cents, nickels, dimes and quarters on the ground and pick each one of them up.
Edited by Erscolo
02/25/2020 2:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3973 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't bend over for less than a nickel.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
2908 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I use credit most of the time now so I rarely get coins from clerks, but before that it was not a problem. I can happily handle coins for a long time, provided that I can wash my hands before eating or using tissues.

I am right there with you, oriole.

Ii cannot remember the last time I used cash. I rarely even use my Debit card anymore, as everything is on my phone.

When I search through rolls of cents, it's amazing how dirty my hands are after just a few rolls. So, yes, washing hands after handling coins/money is a must, especially with the Coronavirus these days! Everyone take care!
ša va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19352 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never. Not because I don't want to, to many Cancer operations makes it really difficult to bend over.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Curveball to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always do. Got out to put gas the other day and found a badly damaged War Nickel the coin was finished but just goes to show never know what someone else dropped
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,590Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05