Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Penny Poll: Do You Pick Up Pennies When You See Them On The Ground?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shooligan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Voted yes. Never pass on the opportunity to pick up a penny.
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bud250r to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1675 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Find a penny, pick it up
Pillar of the Community
United States
1545 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found 4 cents today.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6370 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I pick up pennies when I see them. The last one I picked up, two days ago, was dated 2014. British pennies are worth fractionally more than US pennies!
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsForComics to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Somebody dropped or discharged a bunch of pennies not too long ago at the park and it was cool to find a bunch of wheaties that I added to my copper jar.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add orange26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, I sure do. Every penny we get is every penny we earn.
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to all who have voted and to those who have left comments!
I appreciate your input.
Valued Member
United States
89 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dug a $20 bill out of the mud along the curb at the edge of the street in an industrial area once. I am still alive as I suspect the germs take one look at me and run away. I have found innumerable cents, nickels, dimes and quarters on the ground and pick each one of them up.
Edited by Erscolo
02/25/2020 2:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3889 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't bend over for less than a nickel.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
2070 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  03:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I use credit most of the time now so I rarely get coins from clerks, but before that it was not a problem. I can happily handle coins for a long time, provided that I can wash my hands before eating or using tissues.

I am right there with you, oriole.

Ii cannot remember the last time I used cash. I rarely even use my Debit card anymore, as everything is on my phone.

When I search through rolls of cents, it's amazing how dirty my hands are after just a few rolls. So, yes, washing hands after handling coins/money is a must, especially with the Coronavirus these days! Everyone take care!
ça va bien aller
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19174 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never. Not because I don't want to, to many Cancer operations makes it really difficult to bend over.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Curveball to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always do. Got out to put gas the other day and found a badly damaged War Nickel the coin was finished but just goes to show never know what someone else dropped
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05