Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Grade My 1941 Walking Liberty

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  12:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ac78217 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think this one grades at?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13013 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to say this beauty saw a slight circulation way back then . AU-58+ IMHO . Some might say reverse was lightly struck on Eagles Breast and left leg .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58. Nice half.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46254 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree AU-55.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1851 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like some loss of luster on the eagle's breast, but otherwise, it sure looks mint state, especially the obverse. Maybe it's the photos, but I'd also have to say AU-58+, but so close to 63/64.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4543 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the moment I'm going with MS-63 or -64.
That date as well as much of the other WL's in the 1940's were often weakly struck.
I don't see anything that says "light wear" to me.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ac78217 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
do we think it would be worth sending to NGC or would you sell raw?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8397 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58 slider. absolutely not worth sending in
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1679 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with the Frog AU-55
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice problem free AU-55
Pillar of the Community
United States
2079 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  04:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58, do not grade

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6795 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  05:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

The TPG grading fees will be more than the value of this coin.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05