Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1918 5c Buffalo Nickel #4

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7457 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  1:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
$7. Thoughts? Thanks!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12999 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine 12 , not a fan . Is that a double profile ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46220 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say VF-20, not a fan either I'm afraid.
Edited by Coinfrog
02/26/2020 2:13 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7457 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When did the grading forum become a fan club?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12999 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ever since you started posting your new acquisitions .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1214 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At $7, I'll be the fan club. VF-20.

Strong strike. Check.
Matching die state. Check. (Close, anyway: EMDS obverse, EDS reverse)
Minimal die polishing. Check.
Collectible grade. Check.

Here are the concerns that exist, and all look minor for the grade:
There could be some surface issues along the first feather.
The Machine Doubling on the obverse is distracting.
The possible corrosion spot next to the buffalo's beard needs to be checked.
There is a minor scratch on the buffalo's belly and another scratch (or minor lamination?) below it.

The surface crud looks generic, and probably would come off with an acetone swim. Frankly, I'd leave it original. The fields are darned nice for a VF buff.

At $7? Yep! Good snag.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3599 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice strong strike. Good buy at $7 IMO.

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg
A few notable finds:
1857 FEC DDO S-4 FS-101:
http://goccf.com/t/368150
1888-O $1 Hot Lips VAM-4:
http://goccf.com/t/363580

Pillar of the Community
United States
2843 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just mailed in my dues, now I'm a member to the NS Buff Club..
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25 details, environmental damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8389 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF25
Pillar of the Community
United States
1678 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpbone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll get in the fan club. I like it. VF-20.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  01:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fivekiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not bad for 7 bucks.
I'd say F15, the spot of corrosion on the buffalo neck/beard is a bit concerning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7457 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This came in. near full horn.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2020  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nicer than the first photos. I think this one will straight grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8389 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2020  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still at VF25
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05