Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 D Jefferson Nickel Double Die Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 167Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  03:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Two50twostroke to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have this exact coin I got from a vending machine today. It is the third one ive seen like it At this point If I have seen three mine included with almost the exact same doubling on a 2017-d Nickle something is up. I just saw a person on a youtube chat live auction ask a youtube coin guy how he knows the coin he is showing is doubled die? He said the coin we pulled from the roll earlier has the same doubling that can't happen with Machine Doubling. I get Machine Doubling is not worth anything but really if it happend at the mint by a mint worker it is a mint error. I am beginning to believe this worthlessness of this error is to inflate the price of the other die errors. You can't have to many doubles out there or that 1955 Doubled die Obverse would not be worth a zillion bucks. This is absolutely my opinion and I can have an opinion. I do respect your opinion please respect mine.

This is the best I can get with that $20 digital scope. As you can see it is very much like this one posted. I hope you kept that nickle.I got two 1982 pennies with "this so called Machine Doubling that are almost identical in looks. Unfortunately I have to find the one in my can of pennies as it got mixed in when I cleaned up from a few hours of searching them. I have to go thru about $50 in loose pennies again. I will post them pics as well. I love coin hunting but this error that can't happen twice called Machine Doubling is a let down in my opinion again. I got a new macro lens for my phone that clips onto the camera. I will try to get clear pics with that and post them I just don't know where I set it down at. I would lose my brain if it was not attached.

All opinions expressed in this post are mine and are just that an opinion. You do not have to agree that is why it is then your opinion. You can tell me your opinion and I will listen. Now if I agree or not is not up for debate but I will respect your side even if I disagree. I welcome others opinions because maybe I might change or alter mine. I have posted here on another name for the life of me I cannot remember so I had to make a new account so please don't treat me as a newb.
Valued Member
United States
329 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Curveball to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it's a DDR. I see DDD and MD on cents
Bedrock of the Community
United States
33628 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
44510 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the MD examples, the devices were reduced in size from what they were when they were struck. On the DDD examples,they will be enlarged from normal size and usually affects the fields. The real DDR I posted has the doubling on the devices because of the devices being enlarged because of hub doubling. That is what creates a doubled die. Machine Doubling and DDD doesn't create a doubled die. A doubled die is on the die. Not a creative event during the striking process or created by die wear. The single squeeze dies have doubled dies in the central areas of the design. So this is not a doubled die.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Two50twostroke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/325489

This is the third one (see link above) three!! Now two,yes, it
but three the same? I think it is the camera it looks different with a magnifying glass. I understand what you see in a photo I think a lot gets lost from the $20 digital camera. Three almost identical errors on the same 2017-d nickels?
Edited by Two50twostroke
02/27/2020 2:51 pm
Learn More...
United States
86430 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your replies were split into their own topic for the proper attention.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 167Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05