Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1946-1959 Washington Quarter Witman Folder

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  12:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cross-eyed to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I put this raw set together because I like how the silver looks against the blue in the Whitman folders.I finished it last spring,but haven't got around to image them until now.
I haven't convinced Myself to work on folder one yet.Some of them can get to be pretty pricey.

Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking set.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12987 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes very nice Uncirculated set , but I would recommend you take them out of the folder and put them in a Whitman blue album . The folder is for sure going to tone those Quarters either good or in a bad way . Besides with the album you'll be able to look at both sides of the coins just by flipping the page over . From the looks of your set you don't seem to like toned Silver , so if you want to keep them blast white , get yourself an album or holder them in cardboard 2x2's and put them in a loose leaf binder with plastic sheets . They usually hold 25 coins per sheet . I've been using this way to display my Silver for as long as they had those sheets available for the hobby with none of my unc, whites toning down .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46167 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's sound advice.
Learn More...
United States
84130 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good!

I enjoy the nostalgia from looking an the Whitman folders, but I agree that an album is better for long term storage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cross-eyed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Guys!

Quote:
T-BOP: Yes very nice Uncirculated set , but I would recommend you take them out of the folder and put them in a Whitman blue album . The folder is for sure going to tone those Quarters either good or in a bad way . Besides with the album you'll be able to look at both sides of the coins just by flipping the page over . From the looks of your set you don't seem to like toned Silver , so if you want to keep them blast white , get yourself an album or holder them in cardboard 2x2's and put them in a loose leaf binder with plastic sheets . They usually hold 25 coins per sheet . I've been using this way to display my Silver for as long as they had those sheets available for the hobby with none of my unc, whites toning down .

Thanks for the suggestion.At the time I didn't know that Whitman even made a blue album.So I'll definitely put it on the list of things too get.
Basically it's just this set that is blast white (except for the 54-D that has some brown toning and will be replaced). Other wise I don't mind some color here and there. I just put this set together because I really like the silver against the blue.That and I had most of 'em already.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3722 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  10:25 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a beautiful set. Well done. I too like the silver against the blue. Of course the silver against Dansco brown is pretty nice too.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12987 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cross-eyed , you need to know how to quote somebody . It's not hard .

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/faq.asp#quote
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
3594 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beauty of a set. The luster looks great on those coins! I recommend a safer album, like a dansco. I have seen the effects of these folders on some very nice coins, and they aren't pretty.

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg
A few notable finds:
1857 FEC DDO S-4 FS-101:
http://goccf.com/t/368150
1888-O $1 Hot Lips VAM-4:
http://goccf.com/t/363580

Valued Member
United States
160 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic set. I agree with the above, Whitman albums are great for the Whitman blue but also preservation of the pieces. And by the looks of it those are all worth saving to say the least.

Jasper
regards, Jasper- "river4449"
Canada 5 cent silver collector.
PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Edited by river4449
03/23/2020 4:16 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19172 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

For sure acquire the Whitman Album. In a Folder the coins are subject to the air, your breath, cough, spit, etc. Please get an Album.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cross-eyed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well...there's no more room in the safe for an other album . They have been packed in there pretty tight for the last year or so and still look like I just bought them.The pictures were taken last night.
I do have a Dansco #8140,1932-1998,that I can transfer them to tomorrow.It's just that I didn't want to do the whole series at this time.
Valued Member
United States
370 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice collection
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05