Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Trying To Find Info On 2020 S Quarters

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  08:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pvmntpndr427 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've found several 2020 S quarters in circulation. Is this an accident, or are they minting them for circulation?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
32590 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. They are minting S mint for circulation. You should flatten those staples.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2809 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2020 S Quarters minted and released for circulation?...
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AFAIK, S-minted business strike quarters are only sold in rolls and bags by the mint. It's most likely someone had a roll or bag (bought or stolen) and decided to spend some.
Edited by bzookaj
03/23/2020 12:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3508 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John, they arent for circulation to my knowledge. As bzookaj pointed out, they are only available directly from the mint like the JFK halves. Someone simply spent them. Which losing money.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32590 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry all,my bad
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pvmntpndr427 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody. I've also found a couple other S mint quarters from that same bank. Must just be like you guys said, someone spent the wrong stuff.
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2020  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep. Their loss your gain if you got them at face value as they have a small premium. Probably double or there about. Welcome to the forum!
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pvmntpndr427 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup. Face value. I've also found war in the Pacific, Cumberland, San Antonio, chaco culture, all in business strike appearance, but S mint. Also a cameo Indiana S. These are all rolls from the reserve in Rochester. This bank doesn't roll their own. That's why I found it so strange.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pvmntpndr427 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah, and thanks all for the welcome!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3508 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can almost guarantee someone somewhere got into their dads or uncles collection and dumped rolls of S mints and by good fortune they ended up there. A 2 roll set is 34.50 on the mints site. That is 34.5 cents each that was paid for them originally. Maybe a bit less on the older ones.

*EDIT* Totally did the math wrong. .43 cents each for the ones out of the P&D set. Which are NOT the ones in question. LOL
Edited by smokeriderdon
03/24/2020 3:12 pm
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A 2 roll set is 34.50 on the mints site. That is 34.5 cents each that was paid for them originally. Maybe a bit less on the older ones.

That's the cost for the P and D rolls. An S roll is $19.75 this year. That's about 49 cents per quarter. A bag is $36.75, which is about 37 cents per quarter.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3508 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooops, yep. Totally looked at the wrong thing. LOL
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05