Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1926 D Buffalo Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
65 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  02:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's seen better days but seen on PCGS this was a low mint year for D.
Thought I'd share.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
32590 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could you please point out the error or variety?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No error I know of or seen,
Just seen on PCGS coin info that the 1926D Buffalo nickel was a low mint year for that mint , making them harder to find. Just figured I'd post because I was excited to find one. Don't think it has much premium for it especially in It's condition.
Came inside of a tribute set that was given to me.
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Posted in this Forum though because of it being a us classic coin. At least I thought so
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12927 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Details ; heavy scratches and cleaned .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45974 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, G details (scratched).
Pillar of the Community
United States
3572 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always nice to find something with a lower mintage. Nice find!

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg
A few notable finds:
1869 Three Cent RPD FS-302:
http://goccf.com/t/368084
1857 FEC DDO S-4 FS-101:
http://goccf.com/t/368150
1888-O $1 Hot Lips VAM-4:
http://goccf.com/t/363580

Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks coinhunter, I had the same feeling when I looked it up. Always enjoy finding lower mint coins, though I wish this one wasn't abused so badly hah
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19160 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For one thing the price was right.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
?
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still cool! Its a shame about the scratch but a nice folder or album filler for sure!

Jasper
regards, Jasper- "river4449"
Canada 5 cent silver collector.
PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4977 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find in a tribute set.

Most of the time the tribute sets have the most common coins in them like 1935, 1936 or 1937.

Nice to find a D mint from the 1920's!
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hermz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah I wish it wasn't beat up but was surprised there was even dates on some of them being from a tribute set hah

The others were not even worth posting. Though the only other date I could make out was another 1926, just didn't see a D mm on it.

Best thing to get the glue off it?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4977 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Best thing to get the glue off it?

A long soak in acetone should remove the glue. (Follow all recommended safety protocols when handling chemicals like acetone.)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05