Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Joined! Happy To Be Here!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 353Next Topic  

United States
0 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  8:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CentHunterJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone.

My name is Justin. I'm 34 and from Tacoma, WA. When I'm not staring at coins I'm probably staring at bikes to buy/sell, riding one of my bikes (usually vintage steel road bikes), or playing guitar. I have been playing numerous instruments all my life. I played drums in a semi successful indie rock band a for about 10 years. Wild times, but I've since mellowed out. Now my ideal Friday night is a couple rolls of pennies after a long bike ride.

I've wanted to join a forum for over a year now, but have half lazy and half waiting until I had enough knowledge to not spam non stop with Strike Doubling posts... Today I was looking for info on a date o overstrike, and when I couldn't find any I decided it's finally time. I saw that CoinOp posts here and figured I was on the right place.

Some of my favorite finds are numerous 1995-d fs-103s, 1982 copper large date DDO, 1988 double ear, 1960 d large over small date, and various other pennies that are just older or more scarce and MS grade. But my absolute favorite is my MS 1964-d(/d rpm?) Full Step Nickel. Found it on the floor in my dad's car. It was just glowing. And it just so happened that I had seen a video about that year being full steps the day before! So I was hoping for 64 before I even picked it up... you guys can probably relate.

Anyway, I hope I can contribute some interesting finds and get some good information while doing so. I'll try not to post rubbish. See you guys in there!
Learn More...
United States
15993 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CHJ, welcome to CCF. I'm really glad that you took the initiative to join us and I look forward to seeing some of your finds over in the us modern coin variety and error subforum.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15121 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A warm welcome to the forum! Good to see some other Northwesterners enjoying the hobby. I'm excited to see your finds!

Jasper, R4449
regards, Jasper- "river4449"

PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Check yellow88's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add yellow88 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Justin!

Steel road bikes are awesome. They have 'soul'.
"There is nothing more fascinating than collecting coins, all history is summed up in them...they are the story of humanity."
W.H. Valentine (1856-1927)

eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/globalcoin...collectibles
eBay ID: https://www.ebay.com/usr/sellingsecretslegit
Pillar of the Community
United States
3163 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
86166 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5056 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, You are obviously in the right place. I look forward to your next discovery.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 353Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05