Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HI Everyone. I'm Katie.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 822Next Topic
Page: of 2

Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  12:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi.

I've had a few old foreign coins for many years floating around and never felt the need to start a collection. Until a few months ago when I found a round aust 50 cent coin in my purse, which led me to check its value which led me to read about other coins and now I can't stop thinking about coins.
I found out one of my work colleagues Trigg who is on this forum and introduced me to it was a keen coin collector. Absolutely amazed at how many coins he has but interestingly I have a number of coins that are not on his list.
My intentions are to have a collection of coins that I can pass on to my daughter. I will take, swap or buy anything I don't have but am largely interested in silver coins, pre 1947 ones would be the ones I want most .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5163 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.... to the Community!

Work your way around the site and become familiar with the rules and tools. Post quality pictures of items you have questions about. We will help where we can.

Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6754 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  04:20 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from England!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15121 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Valued Member
United States
278 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to our world. You are going to love it. Be careful with your coins, however. Since you are living "down under", they can more easily fall out of your pockets. (TIC)
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Vindex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Katie - great name! (my daughters name too)
Try to go for quality as you build your collection. Sometimes the difference of one point on the MS scale can make a coin worth thousands of dollars more. Silver and gold coins will never go out of demand. However as you climb the ladder toward higher value beware of counterfeit coins. The ancient Greeks had a word that is translated into english as sincere. It is more literally translated "without wax". Wax has been used to make gold coins appear without scratches. The art of deception was prevalent throughout the centuries. Some silver coins become tarnished. Some will clean the tarnish off to present the coin as a brilliant uncirculated specimen. If you buy your coins that have been certified by a TPG (third party grading company) they will be able to spot the cleaned coins.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5137 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kat66, to CCF! from one Aussie to another.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
United States
5056 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
86151 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2461 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katie,

Welcome to the CCF.
Good to see you signed up.

So you have some coins I don't have.
I'll expect them to be in the mail tomorrow. LOL

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone.
I'm having trouble figuring this forum out, but not only that I just acquired a further 150 roughly, more coins and been too busy checking them out.

Trigger, I need to speak with you, or better still meet with you. I just called work and you are on holidays and so am I. Got some great coins I know you will want. Can I post my email address on here?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5163 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got some great coins I know you will want. Can I post my email address on here?

Review the RULES you agreed to when you joined. (Especially the Buy/Sell/Trade rules!). Posting personal info on any public forum is not a good idea!
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know it's not a good idea but breathing is becoming not such a good idea these days.

Perhaps trigger can view my email address in my profile.

Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2461 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katie,

You will have to change your settings, to allow me to
send you an email.

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just did that. Took me less than 5 mins lol.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2461 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Message sent Katie. :)
OFEC count = 237
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 822Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05