Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two And A Half Claw 20 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 629Next Topic  

Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  01:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Yes!

I found a 2 & 1/2 claw 1981 20 cent piece. I have found nothing about it on the internet.

It has the usual half of the fourth claw missing but the first claw is totally not there except for a very faint outline of where it should be under a 30x magnifying glass.

I'm dying to know if anyone else has one of these.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
33554 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. We will need photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47863 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, pics please.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
613 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Basil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2461 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  05:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kat66,

Welcome to the CCF.
Good to see you took the plunge and joined up.
As the other guys said, lets see some nice clear pics.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Australia
431 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  06:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Kat66 ... your find sounds very interesting but as suggested, a clear photo is necessary ... if you're not sure how to download check here https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...g-images.asp
Pillar of the Community
Australia
629 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
more than likely a worn coin and not something that is rare. Its suppose to be 3 1/2 claw, if your looking for the variety coin.
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2020  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, trying to this on an iPad. Need to fix picture which means I gotta download an app or something to make it smaller etc..... annoying stuff I can't be bothered with most of the time.

I will post a picture of it as soon as I have a bit more patience.

Suffice to say it is not worn off. On certain angles I can see a faint outline of where the claw is.

I did take an image which showed it up more but it is definitely a die error.

I do have another variation of a three and a half claw where a part of a wave is missing.

I work at a retail store and closely examine all 1966 and 1981 20 cent coins. I have another two three and a half claws for swaps too.
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alrighty then. Just tried the image optimiser and even though the file size was less than 300 kbs there was just no button for saving or uploading. Tried a drawing editor but couldn't find any option to convert image to gif or other accepted format so gave up.
Soon I shall get a laptop running windows and all will be well.
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trigger will post an image for me shortly for all to see.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
2461 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  03:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here it is, but I think it is still a little blurry.

Steve
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 14,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Australia
5 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kat66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks trigger. The image still shows that's it's there, but it isn't .

When I first saw it my heart skipped a few beats. With the light and the angle I couldn't see it at all but it's very faint as you can see in the picture.
Valued Member
Australia
285 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A bit of die fill has made the claw faint. Quite common. These types of die fill often appear to the naked eye to be missing but when photos are taken you can see it, so not much of a big deal unfortunately. Keep the interest going though.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 629Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05