Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Eagle Cam In Decorah Iowa

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 988Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
929 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  9:08 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just in case someone hasn't seen one of these sites, here is the Big Beautiful Bird that graces much of our money. Currently, there are Three Eggs in the nest.

UmclL6funN8

*** Edited by Staff - Embedded stream. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
2668 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  03:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool, thanks for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We've got a bald eagle nest behind our local Lowes. Is is always cool to see their white heads poking up. Gives a new perspective when you see them on a note or a coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48019 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's great, thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3184 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
4659 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to watch them several years ago.
As I recall the nest is rather close to a fish hatchery.
Although fish wasn't their only food it made up a major portion.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20502 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just in case you weren't sure just how big these birds are...

Pillar of the Community
United States
929 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

They are slowly making a comeback in my area, which is Greater Cincinnati (Ohio,Kentucky,Inaiana). The only ones I have seen, where in the local Zoo. They have been along the Ohio River, on the Kentucky side for several years, but are branching out in all three states.

Something I thought I would never see.
Learn More...
United States
86360 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's one on Marco Island, FL as well. https://www.earthcam.com/usa/florid...=marcoisland

You can see condo buildings a stone's throw away from the nest.

You can download the EarthCam app, and get access to hundreds of cams all over the world for $4.99.
Edited by Wideglide
03/31/2020 3:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
294 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gives a new perspective when you see them on a note or a coin.

Our money would look a lot different if Frankin had his way - He thought our national bird should be the turkey!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20502 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well they do taste good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
929 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Our money would look a lot different if Frankin had his way - He thought our national bird should be the turkey

If that were the case, would Eagle be the centerpiece at the Thanksgiving table, because Turkey would surely be protected.
Learn More...
United States
86360 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If that were the case, would Eagle be the centerpiece at the Thanksgiving table, because Turkey would surely be protected.
Chicken.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
888 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just in case you weren't sure just how big these birds are

They are an awesome bird. Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever seen one live? I saw one in the dead of winter while walking my dog (in a small wooded park). It was about 25 years ago & quite a shock as we live in the Toronto suburbs (not so rural). It took down a black squirrel & was making a meal out of it when we saw it about 100 feet away. It's partner was beside it watching and you could tell they were huge (at least 2.5 feet tall) despite our distance. My dog & I just froze (& I was happy my dog was so well behaved) and watched in awe. I also saw several flying (& nesting) near Vancouver, BC.
Pillar of the Community
United States
929 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mfhorn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't been on the site for 2-3 days, but at least one egg has hatched.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 988Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05