Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ANACS Suspends Operations Due To Covid19 (Updated 5/12/20 - Operations Resuming)

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 764Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
7244 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  1:58 pm Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just received the follow letter this morning:

Quote:
ANACS friends and family,

Effective immediately, due to the health emergency caused by the COVID19 virus and in compliance with the State of Colorado, ANACS has suspended its operations until it is safe and permitted to reopen.

Please refrain from submitting until further notice. Any current submissions will be held safely in our vault and remain in their current status until the office reopens.
Any inbound packages will be collected and secured at our facility, but it is not likely any will be opened or processed at this time.

Limited correspondence will be available with ANACS Customer Service but precise information about a specific submission or account is likely to be unavailable.

Check our Social Media pages for weekly updates.

We thank you for your patience during these unusually trying times. And look forward to getting back to business as usual.
#8204;

Sincerely,

Paul A. DeFelice
ANACS
www.anacs.com
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2¢ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
1705 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess this box for submission is going to have to wait a little longer. At least it's here with me and not locked in some vault somewhere.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Pillar of the Community
United States
773 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Collects82's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Collects82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously CO's understanding of "essential business" is flawed.
My hoard of '82s is up to 192! 218 BC x 1, 118 BC x 3, 18 BC x 1, 82 x 1, 182 x 1, 282 x 2, 582 x 2, 682 x 1, 782 x 2, 882 x 1, 982 x 4, 1082 x 1 1182 x 8, 1282 x 2, 1382 x 1, 1482 x 5, 1582 x 12, 1682 x 14, 1782 x 50, 1882 x 49, 1982 x 31
Learn More...
United States
86360 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At least it's here with me and not locked in some vault somewhere.

Quote:
Obviously CO's understanding of "essential business" is flawed.
Kidding aside, I am glad they get it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1022 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm glad they get it ..... but, would hate to have coins locked up by some country in another part of the country.
Learn More...
United States
86360 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a good thing that I have only bought pre-slabbed coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16982 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's a good thing I have only bought unslabbed coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48008 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makes complete sense, good for them.
Learn More...
United States
86360 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe it's a good thing I have only bought unslabbed coins.
Touché.
Pillar of the Community
5010 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received this from ANACS:

"Our facility is now open and we are currently processing the orders we received while we were closed. Please note that we are working with a skeleton crew as we work to find a way for everyone to work in a safe and healthy environment so this may take a couple of days. Once processed and entered you will receive an email stating it is entered into the system and you will then be able to track the status through the website."

If there is anything else I can assist you with please let me know.

Stay healthy and all the best,

Melissa Johnson
Customer Service
ANACS Coin Grading
www.ANACS.com
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Learn More...
United States
86360 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1705 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't get that email, but the "don't send us anything" notice is down from their website. Good timing, as I have a couple more submission candidates coming soon.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16982 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like a lot of us, ANACS staff have been in lockdown, unable to get to work.

It seems that they are now using safe distancing polices in the workplace environment, and that means skeleton staffing, perhaps for a few weeks or months.
No doubt they will attempt to get back to full speed as soon as possible, because cash flow is the lifeblood of any healthy business.
Pillar of the Community
5010 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It seems that they are now using safe distancing polices in the workplace environment

It better not be the: New Normal!

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16982 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  11:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If safe distancing is the 'new normal', and is going to be long term,
expect that the top TPGraders will eventually develop some sort of robotized optically based grading hardware and handling machinery.
and then staff numbers will be greatly reduced.

Inside the factory, it will probably look similar to a Coca Cola bottling plant. ( or , not sure which.)

With the current 'new normal', their current business operations in my opinion, are not long term viable, due to large client demand.
Pillar of the Community
5010 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2020  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With the current 'new normal', their current business operations in my opinion, are not long term viable, due to large client demand.

I don't believe any current business operation is long term viable under this situation.

Edited by USSID18
05/13/2020 09:42 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 764Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05