Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Updated Whitman Type Album Completed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 702Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3563 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  10:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
OK, so after a long drawn out wait where the USPS sent my Barber Half to the left coast, I have received it along with an upgrade to the Barber dime and Morgan dollar. And got the Bicentennial quarter and the Native American dollar. So, for now, it is completed. I will likely upgrade the Peace dollar and Walker and 64 Kennedy at some point. But I think it looks good.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3854 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good looking set!

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg
A few notable finds:
1857 FEC DDO S-4 FS-101:
http://goccf.com/t/368150
1888-O $1 Hot Lips VAM-4:
http://goccf.com/t/363580
1970-S 1C DDO FS-103
http://goccf.com/t/372456

Pillar of the Community
United States
1818 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks really good! Congrats on a complete set :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8720 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2020  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! Congrats. Be sure to show it off. Might get some more people interested in coin collecting. A very nice presentation. Glad that Barber half finally showed up.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Learn More...
United States
86044 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That looks fantastic!

I always love the good look of a type set.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10432 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! That looks great.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1020 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks great! Congrats. I was just thinking that a type set might be a good thing to start.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3563 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you gentlemen! This type set is BY FAR easier to assemble than the 7070.

Quote:
I was just thinking that a type set might be a good thing to start.

You should!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1818 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This type set is BY FAR easier to assemble than the 7070.

Totally agree :)
Learn More...
United States
86044 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2020  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This type set is BY FAR easier to assemble than the 7070.
Eliminating the 19th century will do that!

My 20th century holes were filled before Clinton left the white house, but it has taken me 24 years to get my 7070 down to the last hole.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CENTertainment to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3563 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smokeriderdon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My 20th century holes were filled before Clinton left the white house, but it has taken me 24 years to get my 7070 down to the last hole.

jbuck that is precisely why I dont even own one. I have never looked at one IRL. I havent even TOUCHED one. Nope. Want nothing to do with that expensive arse book. LOL

CENT, my pleasure. :)
Edited by smokeriderdon
04/02/2020 7:23 pm
Learn More...
United States
86044 Posts
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 04/04/2020  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 88isgreat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice looking set. Finished mine about a year ago. It was fun and affordable set to assemble. Maybe I'll post pictures someday.
Thanks for sharing your set.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 702Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05