Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are These Quarters Pretty Rare? 2019 W

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 775Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
121 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  01:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JMart to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
United States
16520 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depends on what you mean by "pretty rare". They made 2 million of them, which compared to the P and D mintages could be considered "rare". And 2 million compared to all the quarters they have made for circulation could make the "pretty rare" to find in change. But compared to the number of collectors there is enough that probably every collector who wants one can get one so but that scale they aren't rare at all.
Gary Schmidt
Bedrock of the Community
United States
33564 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are considered rare and hard to find. 2x2 worthy. I hope to find some
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on finding one. Definitely a keeper. Some are selling on Ebay from $11.00 to $15.00, some a bit higher.

When you post your photographs on this site it is preferred that you orient your coins properly - Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1832 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Depends on what you mean by "pretty rare". They made 2 million of them, which compared to the P and D mintages could be considered "rare". And 2 million compared to all the quarters they have made for circulation could make the "pretty rare" to find in change. But compared to the number of collectors there is enough that probably every collector who wants one can get one so but that scale they aren't rare at all.

Learn More...
United States
86191 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3394 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really? No.. the mint made 2 million, which is more than enough for every single collector.

Are they common? No... the mint made 2 million out of a total of each design in the 300-350 million range.

So you should expect to find one in say every 150-200 coins (except for all the people searching ahead of you)...
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
722 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2020  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with all of the above. What I will add is that a large percentage of these have been pulled from bank rolls and hoarded with the intent of a high profit. While they are selling on EBAY and other places I don't think the sellers have sold their entire inventory. In time I would think the price will drop and those which remain will enter collector's hands. As for finding any? The odds get slimmer as time goes on for this reason as each new design is released. So in my opinion, this is the only reason they are considered rare. Not based on mintage.
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CENTertainment to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Searching for these in the wild is one of the things I'm looking forward to most when things get back to normal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
976 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's at least worth a five dollar bill as the raw coin, and sell on Ebay between $7 and $15 depending on how many are for sale at the time.

Graded MS63 sell for between $10 and $20. and on up from there if graded higher. I saw an NGC graded AU55 sell for $7 on there. MS67 which is the top condition grade for that design is selling for around $70 with a standard label. Yours won't Be MS67 or MS65 even. Maybe MS63, hard to tell from the pictures.

yeah, they aren't that easy to come by at face value looking through change, I've looked a lot. But like they said, they made 2 million of them, so not really rare in the grand scheme of things, but anytime you can make $4.75 on what cost you 25 cents, that's a good thing.

I do think there will be "condition rarities" down the road, and high grade examples in better condition will be worth more than the beaters that get circulated a while in pocket change will be.
Congrats on your find. there's more out there still!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1910 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2020  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So you should expect to find one in say every 150-200 coins (except for all the people searching ahead of you)...
So what about the people that aren't searching? The people that know nothing about them. My guess is of the 10 million 40% will never be found
Pillar of the Community
4983 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2020  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your find! I took on the challenge to find as many as I could, not for profit, just to find. I've been searching boxes and boxes over the past year. I have found several of each of the five 19-W's series. I'm not a professional, just a hobbyist. I decided to test my non-professional grading skills. I submitted 3 to ANACS over the past year. They each came back 67. Again, no intention to sell. Just messing around and learning.

The mintage might not be rare. It would probably be the condition. However, I'm looking at the TPG'ers pop reports and the numbers are going up.

I'm not a big Mint products guy. However, in this case the Mint's promotional hype program on these W's got me hooked!
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Edited by USSID18
04/14/2020 10:31 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 775Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05