Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Transcontinental Coin Shipments During The Pandemic

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,373Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3615 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like the race was a photo finish.

Maybe you got some more German medieval gold that hammered at a pretty reasonable price?

And maybe if the current How Far Back thread fizzles again at 1460, we start another thread to showcase coins that keep moving backward, even if there are gaps
Learn More...
United States
16655 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes exactly correct. The 15th Century has been pretty tough for me to fill out, but I'm still enjoying the hunt. As you know, we have a couple how far back can you go by decades threads, but those have also stalled for a bit.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3615 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We could do single years, rather than decades (or in the case of AH dates, 12 lunar months) ... If you got both 1439 and 1426 recently, I say Bravo! I nabbed a 1407 recently, and have a handful of dates in 14th c. so I would be keen for a thread like that, and glad to start it sometime August 2021 when the current How Far Back reaches 1460.
(to be continued ...)
Learn More...
United States
16655 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that could be interesting @tdz. For the record, I just picked up my coins from Elsen this am. Still waiting on a package from Germany...
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3615 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  07:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had thought things were getting better...

But today there was this from an MA-shops vendor in Germany:

Dear XXXXX,
Information from Deutsche Post AG. As of: 13.07.2020:
"The dispatch of goods and parcel shipments to the United States will no longer be offered until further notice.
"

Here we go again.

Edited by tdziemia
07/13/2020 07:21 am
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not surprised.

Things are getting better... in New Zealand. But not here. In most of the US it seems like the situation is only getting worse.

Getting their product from Germany to our border is probably the easy part. The rest of the delivery process is suspect.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3615 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck, indeed, the hangups can be worse once the item has landed in the U.S.

My two longest shipment times for registered packages:
1. France to New York 16 days. New York to Ohio 27 days
2. Lithuania to Chicago 20 days. Chicago to Ohio is at 27 days and counting

And yet, registered shipments from Poland (which for some reason cannot be tracked by USPS) have been arriving under 20 days door-to-door Totally crazy and unpredictable.

Still, nothing has been lost ... yet (fingers crossed).

I had thought/hoped this thread would have wrapped up by now
Pillar of the Community
United States
2149 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys have it easy. The mail service is so messed up here we now get mail only 2-3 days a week. I called to find out why and was told they have so much stuff it's the only they can get to it. They are 2-3 days backlogged. So far nothing is lost but my mail and packages are all delayed. I have a order from the gap that so far is on day 15 coming from Ohio. It finally made it here on Friday and went to the wrong post office. Still traveling around the state. I'm almost tempted to open up cases for all the delayed packages but I doubt anything will get done.

But 2 weeks ago I ordered a few notes from Ohio and got them in 2 days.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3615 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mentioned this last remaining shipment in a previous post:

Quote:
Lithuania to Chicago 20 days. Chicago to Ohio is at 27 days and counting

Last week I filed a missing package report with USPS. For anyone who has done this, it's an exercise in futility. You are contacted by your local post office, who just tells you exactly what you can read if you do the tracking yourself.
But yesterday something bizarre happened. I went to track the item again and see if it had moved, and all the previous tracking information had been removed from the USPS system. It now just says "Label Created, Not Yet in System" which is the status you get when the item has not yet been posted at its origin.

I have a sinking feeling about this ...
Learn More...
United States
88708 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a sinking feeling about this
I can only imagine. Does not look good for you.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 2,373Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05