Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Quarantine/Self-Isolation Treasure Hunt - What Have You Found?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 822Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1432 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  3:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm curious what treasures people have found online while staying at home under self-isolation or quarantine due to Coronavirus COVID19.

I found a nice 25c 1872H A over V for $2.25 last week.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1872-25-cen....m2749.l2649
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3309 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found of box of coins I forgot I owned from about 5 years ago !
Pillar of the Community
United States
3198 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I stash my coin buys all around the home and many times forget their hiding places....... Last week,I found a bag of coins I bought from my LCS around August 2019, within it was a 1916 2 feather (not notated) Buff labeled XF, (but I feel it's more towards hi-AU) and 5 mixed dates ASEs.....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13450 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep I found myself a honey hole of a seller on E-bay recently . Extremely fair prices and super fast shipping .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
3198 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@T-BOP..do tell,do tell.......
Pillar of the Community
United States
2459 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please T-BOP, please tell Greasy and me... we promise not to tell another else!
ša va bien aller
Valued Member
Canada
59 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fenian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found a No Aureate Plating loonie I forgot about.

And several bags of loose cents and five cent pieces I have been meaning to look through for errors.

Still working however so have less free time than a lot of folks.
Valued Member
Canada
147 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dollar 1935 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found a nice 25c 1872H A over V for $2.25 last week.

Amazing score and the seller knew about the variety :

Quote:
Notice the flaw, V looks like A, very rare

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3440 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mind you, the postage was steep on that one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3394 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three bottles of wine and a purple/pink mouse under the fridge.
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
657 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2020  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've added a few lately. A 2004 UNC 50 cent. Finally filled that hole. A 2020 Specimen Toonie to continue the "no security mark" end of my toonies. The Born in 2020 Loonie and a few others to share with friends.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3394 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2020  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After I cleaned the mouse, it graded XF
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 822Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05