Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dpp - Digital Photo Professional ?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,016Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mcshilling the thing that surprises me is. the DPP program itself will only allow you to work in there program at the same level as your camera identification. so if your camera is beginner level your DPP is beginner. if you have and advanced canon camera. you get to use advances DPP program. if your canon camera is professional level grade. your DPP now we are talking. there is the program, we all should have. the application are so much more advanced. I do not remember canon being this way. I loaded this program awhile ago on a gaming computer. that is when this all come to light. that surprise me. so know this there are 3 level of DPP. beginner, advanced and professional.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5338 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks rocky will look into it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That maybe why I have the version I have. My camera is a canon 6d which is a full frame DSLR.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
like to share and image with you guys. let me know what you think. myself I love the toning rainbow.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i re shot the coin. the difference between the 2 pictures 2 stops of light. my camera program informed me of that. here is the full image.i dont do any editing just cropping
Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty nice. What camera/lens are you using?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry here is the coin with 2 more stops of light just cropped. the camera lens is a elnikkor
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5338 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They do look pretty good but I don't think you are getting the right colour for the luster, it may be because they are still in the 2x2's or capsule.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, I think your white balance is off. I take pictures as follows:
1) On a tripod
2) I shoot in manual
3) ISO = 100
4) F8
5) And expose to ensure the picture is bright. So my shutter speed could be a few seconds.

Examples

Edited by hfjacinto
05/24/2020 09:44 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, I think your white balance is off. I take pictures as follows:
1) On a tripod
2) I shoot in manual
3) ISO = 100
4) F8
5) And expose to ensure the picture is bright. So my shutter speed could be a few seconds.
hfjacinto ok here you go iso 100 , F5.6 camera set to manual from P. this is the third one of these coins I have. I removed it from plastic. because the plastic was bad. ok here is the image an crop. you can see the waterlines are doubled. you know its time for me to switch to manual thanks for the push. all I got to do is improve from here.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2019 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me much better.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto yes thank you here is another image. look at the doubled waterlines. first nations gentleman is also doubled light can reveal a lot. you have a great one. your coin is out standing again thank you. I like your picture that is a great one. you have a good one

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5338 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like this last set of pics , looks great.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1822 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mcshilling thank you. I like your pics as well. I have one for you. doing some more 1981 proofs. mcshilling what do you think this is. this is on the chest of the voyageur. weird maybe die chip or something. what do you think it is here is the image
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,016Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05